The Tablet Tavern

Last Updated: 2015-05-10 14:14:35
  1. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I can wait. Would hate to get charged customs after all the effort it took do me to get it :D

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Would you have to pay duty on it if it was gift? Either mailing it or hand carrying it through customs should be the same, no?
  3. Liamo_210

No cause of she hand carries it she can just say Its hers but she is getting someone else to set it up.

I've done it this way before and it was grand so I'm going to stick with it
  4. lunatic59

So technically the phone is hers and you bought it for her. What a good brother. ;)
  5. Liamo_210

Well that's my story until the 21 st.

Actually she bought it with her credit card then I gave her the equivalent in euro as she has some Irish loans. That way we also bypassed the bank charges :cool:
  6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Alright, I finally listened to this prank call to the hospital Kate Middleton was staying at from those Aussie DJs. I'm still scratching my head at why there was so much fall back. Can someone explain to me?
  7. Liamo_210

Well this is the second time that hospital has been tricked so there would of been more security measures. The person who gave out info felt so guilt ridden due to letting this info out to the media she was very distressed by it. In the end she took her own life leaving behind her children all because of a prank call. The DJs are know receiving therapy and everyone has been shocked and appalled by what this one phone call has caused.
  8. breadnatty08

It simply is a tragedy all around. :(
    Reminds me, we get prank calls all the time at the restaurant. Usually harmless (and easy to suspect as this one should have been), but fun/frustrating. Always wonder if it's a disgruntled former employee or customer.
  9. Liamo_210

I reckon its just kids looking for a.laugh in your case
  10. breadnatty08

I really don't listen to those kind of radio shows (we have PLENTY like those here in the states), but I know it's a huge draw for some folks. Honestly though the prank call was sorta funny (and WAY too obvious), but maybe it doesn't happen to much with folks in the UK to recognize?
  11. Liamo_210

No I say it happens a lot but the person probably never thought someone would impersonate the queen
  12. breadnatty08

We don't get folks trying to impersonate other people, just your run of the mill "can I get 100 pizzas" type people.
    But the whole part with the "dogs" and Charles is just so OTT that I can't believe she couldn't spot it.
  13. Liamo_210

Well even though she didn't spot it maybe the djs should if stopped to think who they were hurting
  14. Liamo_210

This threads getting very close to 1000 posts i never thought it would come this far ! ;)
  15. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

lol... 1000 posts ;)
  16. Liamo_210

Stupid auto correct. When I type 1000 it automatically corrects to 100 :D
  17. D-U-R-X

No need to worry... happens to us all :)
  18. Liamo_210

I've had my phone so long you would think its learned what words I've typed most. Not sure if the s3 does that but on older phones if you typed something similar to a word you used a lot it automatically comes up. :cool:
  19. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Morning:D
  20. lunatic59

21. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

22. Liamo_210

Where ? :p
  23. D-U-R-X