The Tablet Tavern

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Howdy folks. I have a Nexus 7. Love it and so does my son. But he mostly uses my wife's Nook Color. Much more durable.

jmar
    tube517 likes this.
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Nice to see your enjoying your tab.
  3. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

tempting :p
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

My Nook Color is my 7" tab and my son uses it as well. Great tab when rooted.
  5. Liamo_210

Morning all

Going to a heineken cup rugby match today so i wont be around much. Should be a good game, Leinster are playing clermont.
  6. wyndslash

hey Liam. I messed up my screen protector. I may need to buy another set ugh
  7. Liamo_210

WEll atleast they dont cost a lot. Just be carful and you will be able to do it.

So other than that how are you?
  8. wyndslash

turns out I didn't know which one Was the actual protector. obviously it's my first time trying to apply the damn thing:( $15 down the drain:(

I'm not so good.
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

People still use those things? :confused:;)
    I put one on my OG Droid the day I got it (when they used to give em out for free). Had it on for about 10min and took it off. That's the last time I used one. That phone was built like a tank, one of the first to use Gorilla Glass which is pretty standard these days. Guess I just take care of my phones.
    Wife did shatter the screen on MY Tab 10.1 when she dropped it but I doubt a screen protector would have helped.
  10. wyndslash

yeah, i'm wondering if i should just go naked @_@ but it's more for my peace of mind than anything.
  11. breadnatty08

Whatever you're comfortable with. :)
    Personally, I see screen protectors as helping prevent scratches, but modern Gorilla Glass and the like (the Gnex has something different) are pretty good at that. It's the drop and shatters that screen protectors do little to prevent.
  12. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I'm with you, dread. I can't stand screen "protectors". I've never used one and in the past 5 years only had one very minor scratch when i inadvertently put my keys and phone in the same pocket.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  13. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I used a screen protector on my EVO 4g for a year. I took it off and the phone looked brand new. However, it's been off over a year now and the screen still looks good. I haven't bought one for my Thrive or GNex and haven't looked back.
  14. wyndslash

that's true. the case i'm getting is also a flip cover type, so the screen is protected. but i use the s-pen a lot and i don't want to inadvertently scratch the screen. i'm being paranoid, i know.

by the way, anyone here using juice defender? been thinking of getting the ultimate version but want feedback first ;p
  15. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

I never use screen protectors any more, waste of money just buy insurance for my phone/tablet instead always seems to pay for itself
  16. breadnatty08

Juice Defender really varies in positives by device and service. I used it a little bit in the past. But I find if you're looking to turn off services with screen off or by time, purchase Tasker. It can do that and a TON more. In fact we have a whole forum for it!
    http://androidforums.com/tasker/

I've thrown away WAY too much money on insurance, but it's the only way I'm going to go. If that brand new phone breaks, $80 is a whole lot easier to swallow than $500+.
  17. wyndslash

I can't understand tasker :(

I think what I want are presets :p
  18. breadnatty08

Haha, I'm with you there!
    I bought Tasker a couple years ago and I'm still befuddled by it. :eek:
    One of THE most powerful apps out there. We have some great users on the site to help guide you set up the profiles you want. It takes some time, but there's some amazing things it can do.
    I've never used it, but Timeriffic is free and perhaps "easier" to use:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alfray.timeriffic&hl=en
    wyndslash likes this.
  19. Liamo_210

At Tue match right now, an hour and a half until kick off. It's a bit cold but not too bad.
  20. Liamo_210

This is the stadium holds 60 k

Attached Files:

21. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Looks like they have a serious mole problem there. ;)
  22. Liamo_210

It's suppose to be a Christmas pudding.

They lost so not a good day :banghead:
  23. Liamo_210

Just watching a movie, on my own. The wife is gone out with her friend.

Been very quiet in here today. :p

What's everyone else upto.
  24. wyndslash

going out with family today. May try to find a Sammy store
  25. Liamo_210

Why what you trying to get.