• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

yva6a3eg.jpg

Christmas is early

Upvote 0
I've recently lost my Samsung Tab 3. I leave my tablet in airplane mode to save power as I only use it as an e-reader or to take notes, is there anyway to make android device manager notify me the next time my device connects to a network?

This is probably the wrong thread to post in but help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Upvote 0
I'm kinda hoping that I can get a decent deal on a gaming PC at the time. And you really need to get autocorrect on your keyboard fixed.

Lol, its swift key. It recommends some random words sometimes. I think getting a bigger phone will also help with that too. In a tough decision to get a new phone. Don't know if I want to switch carriers and get the Note 4, or stay with boost and get either a galaxy s 5 or a iPhone 6 plus.

Upvote 0
I've recently lost my Samsung Tab 3. I leave my tablet in airplane mode to save power as I only use it as an e-reader or to take notes, is there anyway to make android device manager notify me the next time my device connects to a network?

This is probably the wrong thread to post in but help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Welcome to AndroidForums.com Wilkane.:) I'm sorry to see you lost your device.:( This thread here has all the information I know of for device recovery. Hopefully you will find something useful in there though it seems you will have to hope someone takes it out of airplane mode for you.

http://androidforums.com/faqs/685025-lost-phone-locked-out-faq.html

Upvote 0
Looks like I'm going to need to root to get Lollipop for my Note 2 in the future. But it's lagging now with kitkat so I'm worried it'll just become more sluggish if i do root.

Anyway, anyone here getting the Nexus 9? Thoughts on Google's new tablet foray?

I don't like the 4:3 aspect ratio, and at almost $500 for the 32GB version, it's pretty expensive. Reviews have been mixed, even flat-out contradictory. This is the only one I've seen that says the back feels flimsy, other reviewers say it feels great.

Nexus 9 review: A “premium” tablet with a not-so-premium feel | Ars Technica

Reactions: wyndslash
Upvote 0
Hm...is a Nexus 7 still a good deal? A famous local online store is carrying the 16gb version for around $224 (the 2nd gen). I'm quite tempted...but wondering whether I should just wait around for the next one after the Nexus 9.

Or maybe I should just use the money to buy a chromebook (which has always been in my plan). A lappy would def be more useful as it would help me be more active with my part-time job online...

Another exciting note is the aforementioned online store would also be carrying the N6 this November. Of course, price is another thing altogether...if it's $649 in the US unlocked, I shudder to think how much it would cost unlocked here (after shipping and profit margins...).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones