The Tablet Tavern

1. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Have you considered trying a similar sized tablet out in a shop. Im sure you won't be dissapointed with either tab. I've used the nexus 7 and loved it and I've only heard great things about the nexus 10 . Such as the high res screen.hope this helped. Feel free to ask any questions about the nexus 7
  2. Liamo_210

Welcome. So jealous of you. I tried to get a nexus 4 on release but I failed sadly.

This is a place to chat and relax among friends enjoy your stay
    Atma likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Thing is, I don't think that funds will stretch as far as a 10... I'm pretty sure that the 7 would be within my grasp though!

The A500 is a 32GB version and I have a 32GB SD card, so more than enough room... would be a little worried that the 16GB version of the Nexus 7 just wouldn't be big enough, as it's not expandable!

Think I may miss native (full sized) USB from the A500, as it's quite useful to be able to just plug and play movies, etc.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Howdy Atmazz:)

D-U-R-X, I don't think I would be happy with a 10" screen. The N7 is a very comfortable device to hold and use for long periods of time. I have a first batch 16GB and 8GB and heven't had to do any maintenance cleaning on them yet. And I have a couple movies cached plus some 1GB+ games.

I honestly could have gotten away with an 8GB myself probably.
    Atma and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. D-U-R-X

Will have to try and get some hands on in a shop soon :)
  6. Liamo_210

7 to 8 inch tabs do feel more comfterble in hand but a 16 gig is pretty much a must.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Anyone know any brick and mortar stores selling the N10?
    I'd like to check it out.
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

The Nexus 7 is a very good tablet. It has a good sharp resolution. Text is very clear. Its very portable. I really liked mine until the screen went haywire. It also had manufacturing issues. I haven't kept up enough to know if those got sorted out. But, to me, things are still small. I had to pinch and zoom reading posts. Watching movies, too much eye strain for me.

The Nexus 10 is beautiful. Its a pleasure to surf, read or watch a movie. The only problem I've found is some minor light bleed in the bottom corners. I watched the Amazing Spiderman last weekend and it had the black bars above and below the picture. I could see the light bleed on the black background but its not enough to be distracting. If the movie had been full screen I wouldn't have noticed at all. The movie looked great btw. $400 bucks is a lot of money to me, but I'm very happy with my purchase. No buyer remorse here. :)
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I thinks Staples is taking pre-orders. Walmart is supposed to sell them but no one knows when.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  10. D-U-R-X

Hmm... will have to give the change some serious thought again then. I picked my A500 up from eBay @ a steal (about
  11. breadnatty08

Cool. I have a Staples right down the street but it's generally a barren wasteland when it comes to tablets so I'd be shocked if they get any in. Wally world is only out in the burbs, won't be going there anytime soon.
    Wonder if BB will carry them seeing as they consider the N7 to be the Black Plague. :rolleyes::p
  12. Unforgiven

13. breadnatty08

Engadget readers, what do you think of their new site?
    I'm generally fed up with their writers and the comment system is an abomination (not that Disquis is that much better).
  14. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

15. Liamo_210

Hope nexus 4 is back in stock in the uk soon. With all this nexus 7 and 10 talk you might just end up convincing me to get one myself
  16. Liamo_210

17. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

18. breadnatty08

Was never a huge fan but it looks like Angry Birds Star Wars is a no go on my N7. :(

Edit: Looks like the paid version is though. Huh? (It's compatible with my Flyer and Prime btw)
  19. D-U-R-X

That's a little strange Dread... think Unforgiven's got it working... unless it's the paid version!

How you getting on with Plague Inc?
  20. breadnatty08

Ah, haven't played it in a couple days. Need to pick it back up.
    In other news, a gold mine post from one of my favorite sites, Lamebook.com:
    [​IMG]
    (FYI, it's a VERY NSFW site ;))
  21. Unforgiven

Haven't tried it yet. Let me see as I'm on my N7 now. I'll try the paid version tomorrow (wife drained my spending account to $0.86 so I have to wait till tomorrow:rolleyes:).

Gimme a minute
  22. D-U-R-X

Mrs D played Plague Inc non-stop all weekend... she's gettin further and further in to the levels!
  23. Unforgiven

Free version a no go, paid will be tried tomorrow
  24. Liamo_210

Keeping her occupied so she stays off your back ha only joking.

Everyone seems to love it to the play store so I must get it
  25. breadnatty08

Ah, okay. Wonder why?