The Tablet Tavern

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I've personally never used eye-fi with my tf700 or nexus 7, but just a quick search around the net shows that it should be able to. If not, then worse comes to worse, if you have the keyboard dock, you can just take the sd card out of your camera and put it right into the android tab and use a file manager to copy them to it.

I don't know about putting a password on an individual folder, but android does have the ability to encrypt all data on the tablet that require a pin/password in order to decrypt it for extra protection. This is on top of putting a separate pin/password for getting pass the lockscreen.
    SeniorAlex likes this.
  2. SeniorAlex

SeniorAlex Member

Thanks again jhawkkw,
    I do know that an i-pad and an Asus 500 can be used this way to get images from the camera to the tablet or a laptop in a few seconds. It makes checking much easier than the LCD screen view. However, the card slot on my Canon 7D is for a CompactFlash, so much bigger.

The encryption of files sounds OK and I will look into that once I have a tablet. I also have the HTC Desire, (just updated to 2.2.2 Froyo), with some files on it, but the security on there is not vital at present.

Also looking for technical e- books on photography, lighting and editing to use on a tablet. One of the reasons why I like the additional space for another card or USB link.

Cheers

Alex
  3. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

There is a eye-fi android app so I don't think it will be a problem using that, and you can get any book on amazon or Google play among others so finding what you want should not be too difficult. just encrypting the entire tablet is going to be your best bet for security it is easy to do and secure. If you plan to do photo editing or storing lots of photos on the tablet I would recommend the note 10.1
  4. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Might have an early night tonight as well I'm wrecked. ( it means really tired) :p
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Yep, same here. :goodnight:

I finished nights yesterday morning so my body clock is all over the place. My wee boy gave me into trouble for falling asleep whilst I was supposed to be running him a bath. :eek:
  6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Must be something going around :p
    I can barely keep my eyes open today. Can't wait to go home, take a shower and crawl into the sack.
  7. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning/evening/afternoon everyone!
    Know how most here live abroad so just throwing out there that it's a HUGE day for us here in DC. Not sure how presidential (or however your gov't is run) inaugurations are like for you folks, but it's a pretty big deal here (as you can imagine).
    I'm hoping it won't be as nuts as it was in '09 but we're still prepared for an insane day here at the restaurant. Last night was CRAZY! :eek:

Edit: Whoah, the Sony Tablet Z sounds ridiculous! :D
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/20/3898252/sony-announces-xperia-tablet-z
  9. Liamo_210

The Sony tablet z. Has a nice ring to it.
  10. Liamo_210

Just had a nice steak with chips in mushroom sauce ;)
  11. wyndslash

Yummy
  12. jludwig57

jludwig57 Well-Known Member

Liamo_210, are you an engineer in Ireland? I saw your post on the study and thought I would ask.
  13. wyndslash

I'm sort of tempted to start buying cds again with amazon's autorip program. Too much interconnectivity for me
  14. Liamo_210

15. wyndslash

Lol. Getting tired of the news on privacy stuff.
  16. breadnatty08

Well, I finished my prescription of antibiotics and I still feel like crap. Think I have to go back to the doctor. :(
  17. wyndslash

Maybe you need more rest?
  18. breadnatty08

Easier said than done. :rolleyes:
  19. Liamo_210

You get some of those glasses with eyes drawn on them and sleep while your in the jury. No one would be the wiser ;)
  20. breadnatty08

Scooted through the first case. Having a beer for lunch now. :)
  21. Liamo_210

Make it two on me. I'll mail over the money later.
  22. breadnatty08

Made it a tall one too. :)
    Waiting on my sammy I'm gonna have to inhale. This place looks so sketch but it's the only one by the court house.
  23. Liamo_210

I'd laugh if they were some how involved in illegal activities and its right beside a court house.

Hope the sammys nice. I had a nice subway roll today :D
    Just on my way back from work at the moment. Have to take the bus today then walk the rest of the way back as my car randomley decided to break down and cost me a few hundred euro :(
  24. Liamo_210

Just found out im off at 2 tomorrow but I still get paid for a full day. :p:D
  25. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Trying to get back into the swing ... still got too much on my plate. :(