• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The top of my tablet's touch screen is not working. Any way to fix it?

caonabo

Lurker
May 28, 2013
Hey guys! Sorry to post this in the general discussion, but I've made the mistake of buying a cheap off brand tablet in Indonesia to replace my kindle (I guess I should have read this post first). So I don't know if this is the right place to post the question. If not, could you direct me to the right place?

Ok. So the top of my touch screen does not work. I downloaded a touch screen test app and there's no response from the top, in a space that has a similar size to the bottom toolbar.

Returning it is now out of the question because I'm leaving the country soon. Besides who knows if I can deal with the guarantee offered by this manufacturer.

I am assuming this is a hardware issue. Is there any way this is a software problem?
If it's hardware, is there any way to fix this? The only solution I can think would be to change my screen resolution to make it ignore that part of the screen, I mean kind of reconfigure the screen to ignore those top pixels... Is this possible?

Info:
Tablet: Advian Model T1-B (if that means something)
I'm running Android 4.0.4 Unrooted
Baseband version:
A851_P2_07WX_ZXC1_SS44_130129
Kernel version:
3.0.21-perf-g2271560
Build number:
A851_P2_07WX_ZXC1_SS44_R_0_130128_01

Any help is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones