• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tragic Story Of The Asus Transformer Prime Video

Wow, only took 30 plus phone calls and multiple departments ?
Wish I knew personally knew an Asus Engineer !
Did they wash their hands before the hand-inspection ?
GPS works better than a TomTom, using no wifi connection, I take it ?

Do you not think Asus takes note of what's being said about them online !

And yes, I'm on email # 19 with Asus right now !

Just ordered you a medal like the one below !

Gotta admit I loled hard with the medal. I informed them that if the tablet had a hair line scratch it would be sent back, or legal action would be taken (en regard to the original tablet sent for repairs (along with pictures prior to sending for repairs))

Here's a tip I find myself telling to mostly women: you have got to work up the confidence to stop the online contact. If you have a question, want results, and want it accurately, you need to pick up the phone and talk to a person.

I find a lot of women scared to verbally talk or call for help, most do the whole email back and forth thing that you do... You get results with a real person, who hears your voice, vs a computer where the guy says heck with this fool who things I care about him over email...

Upvote 0
FYI i happen to be posting this from my laptop. My tablet is on the arm of my chair on the loading screen of GTA3

Its been on this loading screen for about 30min now ... im just noticing because im watching recorded grammies, talking on here, and FB'ing so i got distracted.

obviously this is an android thing and nothing to do with the TFP, but it adds to my frustration for sure.

bought the game 2 days ago, have not yet played it since it wont load. Nice.

TIP: Check paid apps for full functionality immediately after purchasing. You have 15 minutes to go back to the market, find the app and push refund if it isn't compatible for some reason.

Upvote 0
TIP: Check paid apps for full functionality immediately after purchasing. You have 15 minutes to go back to the market, find the app and push refund if it isn't compatible for some reason.

its a 500mb download! Took longer than 15min since i hit download and walked away, not wanting to wait for 500mb to d/l while i watch

but yea i get your point. oh well, another $5 out the facking window :(

Upvote 0
I buy a new Cadillac every 3 years. As a result i get special treatment. I got a call last week and it went like this:

QUOTE]

If you drive a caddy, then you should be fully accepting of all problems, lol. Never drove a car with more problems off of the lot, the irony that you want a fully perfect tablet, and buy caddy, priceless my friends. LOL.

;)

Difference being Caddy would fix your problem instead of telling you, " Yeah we know the sticker said power windows and you got roll-up windows......tough $H!T '!"

Upvote 0
Ok you guys need to unwedge your thongs for a minute and chill out. Both of you have vaild points. It was messed up the business model that Asus decided to use and the treatment of their customers is in fact sub-par. I am also one who was " blasting" on the boards but I also went the RMA route (There are various posts on these forums of my experience). Did it take forever and 30+ calls to get results? Yes it did but I also got a full new replacment tablet with no issues. To say that Asus needs to come knocking on your individual door vs. the rest of the prime community is like saying you piss champagne and Asus needs to drink it up because your the "chosen one". Yes the prime has been a diamond in the rough when it comes to getting a working tablet but you need to be proactive. If you look at all the complaints over on xda you will see people working with Gary Key to solve the problems. Asus is trying to save face with constant updates. I understand you are trying to post your issues looking for help and/or to help others but if you don't do anything about it and just complain how can you expect help in return? You had the chance to return your tablet and go a different route but im sorry you have now made your own hell with this device. It seems based off of your complains you are now out of the return period so either ebay it or RMA it. There are certain things you need to learn obviously and being able to control the controlable and excepting what you can not change regardless of the corperate worlds treatment/options is not one off them. I posted in various threads first for help but then to be proactive so others can see what they have to look forward to. I strongly believe Asus is trying to make things right but I would not recommend this product to anyone at this time until Asus gets the bugs worked out. I won't be getting a new tablet in 6 months so waiting for the RMA made sense. My friend is also on his second tablet and having no problems with his replacement one either. You have officially cried your river now are you going to be proactive and build a bridge to get over it? Ebay or RMA, balls in your court.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
After your 30 phone calls and an RMA, you couldn't get one with a working Return key on the keyboard??

:)

Hehe sorry had to do it

Thats why it says sent from my PG86100 and not my TF201 transformer prime using tap-a-talk. I used my phone to type it. BTW did you even think of reloading the software from Asus site? Being your a caddy man im sure you can afford a micro sd card. might want to check it out being your on your laptop already FBing. Also GTA3 works fine on the prime.

Upvote 0
Difference being Caddy would fix your problem instead of telling you, " Yeah we know the sticker said power windows and you got roll-up windows......tough $H!T '!"

Thats like saying you call Caddy road side assistance to change your oil because your not proactive to bring yor car into the shop to have it done and it is Caddy's responsibility to hold your hand for you to remind you when the oil change is needed while the oil change is at no cost to you.

;) Sorry had to do it.

Upvote 0
Thats like saying you call Caddy road side assistance to change your oil because your not proactive to bring yor car into the shop to have it done and it is Caddy's responsibility to hold your hand for you to remind you when the oil change is needed while the oil change is at no cost to you.

;) Sorry had to do it.

Last time I checked, Auto manufacturers contacted owners, concerning faulty issues that result in recalls !

Asus hasn't contacted me about faulty issues yet and yes my prime is registered, which makes it very easy for them "TO" contact me !
reading.gif

Upvote 0
Last time I checked, Auto manufacturers contacted owners, concerning faulty issues that result in recalls !

Asus hasn't contacted me about faulty issues yet and yes my prime is registered, which makes it very easy for them "TO" contact me !
reading.gif

Yes but you are not dealing with Caddy. Your dealing with a company with a poor business model. Just to get to the point very simple. Either return it, Ebay it, RMA it or deal with it. It is not really that difficult. You have the power to make one of those choices so make one. All your crying in the world is not going to change Asus business model, If you make a scene like you do around here at your place of purchase they will probably swap it for you. Your crying over spilled milk that has been spilled for so long that it is now spoiled. Asus is trying to solve the problem but if you will not let them pick your glass up and try to clean up the mess for you then go get a different device. I'm sorry this is the real world ,not Neverland where you can make your own rules......Just remember it's the "second star on the right and straight on till morning"

Upvote 0
Nice video, but one thing kept bugging me, what the hell is Aysis?

Asus is pronounced "ah-soos", why does he keep saying "ay-sis" It's annoying as hell. If your going to make a video about a product at least get the company's name right.

Asus U1f commercial - YouTube

When i first saw the brand my first thought was "ace-us"

after hearing it all over, i thought it was "ay-soos"

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, I used it early this morning and saw that they were in stock at best buy...so I ordered 1. Should be here next week.

Thanks!

Well my order still wasn't shipped yet so I called best buy this morning and they said the tablet was back-ordered. So I canceled my order. It doesn't make any sense to go through hell to buy a tablet that I might have problems with. I'm going to just wait until someone else releases a comparable tablet because this is annoying.

Upvote 0
If anything, I'm more disappointed that ASUS hasn't allowed us to unlock the bootloader yet. After this happens, true development will begin and I believe these so called gps/wifi issues will be solved and the Prime owners will benefit from this

Sorry im new and got a bit lost in this "nouveaux riche battle" thread,
What is a booth loader and what happens when they unlock it??

Ps personally my wifi is quite bad any way i can improve it without callingthe company?

And ps2 so am i suppose to have a gps on this or not? I bought it last week.

Cheers m

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones