• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories The Truth About The Incredible Battery

on another subject of batteries(I apologize in advance if this has been covered). I am also curious about the new battery replacements from powermat..no more ugly back cover but an actual battery that replaces the regular size battery and allow the device to be charged on the mat.

I just want to make sure i don't end up spending money on a very good battery,2150 mAh extended battery that i will eventually exchange out for the powermat battery. The new power mat battery i believe will be available in June/July.and the work through protective covers, that part got me really siked. I was a previous Seido case and clip owner, However, I couldn't charge in the cradle with the case on. kinda a hassle. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Freaking sweet! so we may not need a replacement door??

HTC Droid Eris Extended Battery 1750mAh - Original (OEM) BASI17HHRV

well, i think the Droid Inc's replacement door is 2150 mAh.. its a must have. i need to get that battery.. wonder if i should have bought that phone case. DOH

No door needed for the SEIDO 1750 battery. It's the same size as orig OEM battery. I have this in my Eris along with it's orig battery. It really boosted battery life nicely for me. You can get it for 10$ cheaper at SEIDO's site Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Upvote 0
on another subject of batteries(I apologize in advance if this has been covered). I am also curious about the new battery replacements from powermat..no more ugly back cover but an actual battery that replaces the regular size battery and allow the device to be charged on the mat.

I just want to make sure i don't end up spending money on a very good battery,2150 mAh extended battery that i will eventually exchange out for the powermat battery. The new power mat battery i believe will be available in June/July.and the work through protective covers, that part got me really siked. I was a previous Seido case and clip owner, However, I couldn't charge in the cradle with the case on. kinda a hassle. Any thoughts?

I love this idea and will be looking into and looking forward to this. Thx for the heads up ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
what about getting a oem 1500 mah battery from ebay for $ 15 from a TP2 and buying a battery wall charger? pop one in when the other dies and you wont sacrifice the phones shape...just my$.02

thats what i have done on my past few phones. extra battery + independent battery charger. that way i never have to have the actual phone plugged into the wall.

Upvote 0
What's so great about the powermat? Sounds gimmicky. Charging your phone without plugging it in?

At least when the phone is plugged in (corded), you can pick it up and still use it. With the powermat, the phone has to be in contact with the surface to charge; you can't make phone calls while the phone is charging.

Batteries:

All of you clamoring for the VZW 1750 mAh battery and talking bad about 3rd party batteries...isn't the VZW version non-HTC (therefore "3rd party") anyway?

If HTC announces an extended battery for the Incredible that does NOT require a new back cover, I'm in. As far as I know, they haven't announced any such thing.

Alternative:

A good case manufacturer comes out with a version of a popular Incredible case that can accommodate the Incredible with extended capacity battery (and new back cover).

Upvote 0
power mat just sold about 750,000 units in a few weeks. They're not new or gimmicky. I use a cradle and bluetooth, so i would be undocking my phone or activating my earpiece to answers call anyway, and why would you not be able to make calls while its on the mat. However I would like to have a pad/mat in my office and near my bed. and since I just switched my contacts and calender to Google server I won't need to sync through usb (HTC sync is available for usb outlook syncing)

Upvote 0
I'm going to post this again, I don't know why people aren't believing the fact the battereis are the same in the TP2 , Eris and Incredible. Went into the store over the weekend and checked it out with a unit they have in stock----

The Eris battery is 1300mah but the TouchPro2 is 1500mah and works perfectly in the Eris so it will also work in the Incredible. I have a TP2 battery and I notice i get anywhere between 10-25% more battery left at the end of the day then with the stock Eris Battery.

But from the look of the 2150 I believe I will be getting that .As the Eris with the 1500battery still isn't very good on battery life and the Incredible will certainly be worse with it's faster processor , bigger screen and more badassness haha

Upvote 0
I went for the 1750 Eris battery off amazon. I want to use the Seidio Innocase and holster and I doubt they will make a totally seperate one for the bigger, 2150mah, battery. I have the droid now and I can get through a day with the stock 1400 and I am OC at 800mhz. The 1750 should do the job. If not, hey, thats what returns are for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones