The ultimate decision... (Sprint Phone dilemma)

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

Okay so here is my dilemma. I am a day one Evo 4g owner as i know a lot of you here are. That means I am eligible for an upgrade now, and boy am i ready for one. I know i am going to wait for LTE, im not getting another pointless WiMax phone, BUT i am not sure which is the better deal, i am really itching to grab the nexus when it lands on the 15th but i also hear rumors of the GSIII releasing world wide sometime soon this summer.

now, i would hands down get the nexus if the GSIII is going to be another october release as i just can't wait that long, i need a more powerful phone asap with battery life that will allow me to actually use it.

what i really want to know is this

1) when do you believe the GSIII to be released on sprint? do you expect it to release with the "world release" sometime this summer, or do you think it'll be a late release like the US always is and be octoberish??? (i know no one really knows this answer but i would like to hear more speculation)

2) my second question is do you think the Spring galaxy nexus will be the "Nexus Plus" with upgraded CPU and GPU or will it be the same version as the verizon model?

3) do you think if the GSIII releases this summer, will it be worth waiting for? or would it be better to get the nexus upon release.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I know what you mean. I'm in a similar situation. Rumor has it that Samsung will announce the GS3 in May at CTIA. When it comes to Sprint that's another story, the HTC ONE X is rumored to be released in June. I think sprint will get the GS3 but in the 3rd or 4th quarter. We can hope Samsung release the GS3 on all carriers a month or so right after they announce it at CTIA.
    Covert_Death and iTzKPanda like this.
  3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I know how you feel dude. My upgrade is next month and it falls right in place with the Galaxy Nexus. But I want to find out more info on the Sprint One X and the Galaxy S III.....which is #1 on my list. For me, I'm waiting until all three phones will be revealed. By then I'll choose which one is best for me. I'm putting my money on the GS3. Based on the rumors alone, this is the phone Im sure I'll end up upgrading to.
    Covert_Death likes this.
  4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I think we're all in the same boat. I originally wanted the upcoming GNex because I finally wanted to get the opportunity to try out a Google phone, but things have changed. While I still do want to try out a Google phone, the next EVO just sounds amazing. I could care less about the non-removable battery/no expandable memory. There's still a good chance that Sprint could modify the hardware anyways. GS3 sounds nice, but I've never been much of a Samsung fan.

With that said, I have no idea what I'll be doing. I guess I will have to wait until CTIA in early May to find out what the actual specs are on the next EVO, which should see a June 10th release.
    Covert_Death likes this.
  5. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

If the Nexus is updated, I will probably get it. If not, I will wait to see what they say about the GSIII and if there is any indication of a release with Sprint sooner rather than later.
    Covert_Death likes this.
  6. NYCHitman1

TRUTH! The rumors stated that the Sprint GNex was gonna have an updated camera sensor and higher CPU clock speed, right? Either way, I will know which way I will sway once CTIA arrives.
    Covert_Death likes this.
  7. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I am going to wait for all three to drop as well. I hate waiting, but I want to see how the GS3 turns out. I really want a Google phone, and HTC ONE looks really good. I thought I had sworn off Samsung, but they are really looking good right now. Wish I has the money to buy all three. lol
    Covert_Death likes this.
  8. Covert_Death

I think one of the biggest things pushing me to the GNex is that i still have my EVO, it's been a good phone but it more then shows its age to me now and i'm just ready to move on to something that has the speed to keep up with what i want it to do.

I'm just really hoping sprints GNex is upgaded... if it is, im getting it with no regrets
    NYCHitman1 likes this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I think that there will be an advantage here. The VZW GNex had a few bugs and issues. Hopefully, with this being the second cdma version, that will all be wrung out.

Lotta happy Verizon users with that model.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  10. NYCHitman1

Makes me wonder if current root methods will be used for the Sprint GNex
  11. Timanator

Timanator Well-Known Member

If the Galaxy Nexus has as crappy of GPS and radios as the Nexus S 4g, I'd move to a non Samsung phone.
  12. NYCHitman1

From what I understand, that is similar amongst Samsung devices in general.
  13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Don't see why not - Samsung already knows how to flash it that way, and Sprint is already used to the Nexus way of unlocking the bootloader.
    NYCHitman1 likes this.
  14. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

I have an HTC EVO 4G (didn't get the 3D because I don't shoot video with my phone), an I do love it.

I am just doing a little research myself now because the built-in memory being limited is a bit of an annoyance. I also want to make sure I make an informed decision when I do upgrade.

Personally I hoping that HTC does come out with a really good replacement for the EVO. I have seen other app launchers on some of my friends phones and honestly, I do not like them as much as the HTC Sense. Although, it is a bit annoying when it reboots after a lot of web browser usage.

Oh well, as I said, got a year to wait. I will keep my eye out for news on new phone. Looking forward to info about the rumored HTC offerings.
  15. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat... my upgrade is in May. I'm actually considering the galaxy note as I hear it's coming to Sprint soon however I'm guessing it wont have LTE so might just wait for the gs3. But man, that 5.3" superamoled sure is gorgeous.
  16. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Yep. Certainly not the first, nor will it be the last time I have heard someone complain about Samsung's sh*tty radios and ultra sh*tty GPS.
  17. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

My E4GT works great for me. I don't ever have a GPS issue and I use it quite often. I don't really understand how some people are having GPS issues, but some aren't..
    EarlyMon and iTzKPanda like this.
  18. NYCHitman1

I feel like that's a general thing about Android users as a whole. It's like that guy who was in here complaining about his poor battery life on his 3VO, but the rest of us are enjoying lovely 24 hr+ battery life. The inconsistency sucks, but if you know what you are doing, you should be fine.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  19. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Both of our (wife) Samsung Epic 4G's had GPS issues after the update to Gingerbread. Navigation would lose the signal and freeze up. There is a huge thread about it over at the Sprint forums. A GPS fix was created (not by Samsung). Samsung denies a problem of course.
    simcha likes this.
  20. Covert_Death

well looks like my dilemma is no more haha, if these truly are the specs of the EVO One
    Sprint HTC EVO One Detailed – Say Hello To Kickstand and Expandable Memory [Rumor]
    then i am getting it without even thinking about it, the SLCD-2 is the biggest selling point for me, i've never seen a screen SOO gorgeous. the KRAIT s4 CPU is another huge plus over the T3, 28nm ftw.

16gb would be enough for me but now i get to use my new 16gb class 10 card in the SD Slot so big plus there, and a kickstand to top it all off... drooooooooool
  21. NYCHitman1

BenChase7 and EarlyMon like this.
  22. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

23. Covert_Death

world would cost more without added benefit for %95 of people unfortunately.

i just hope these features don't hit the wallet at anything over $250 but im not too worried because sprint is the best at staying at $200 no matter how amazing the phone is, verizon likes the $300 range for some of their phones and that wouldn't work for me
    BenChase7 likes this.
  24. NYCHitman1

I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint was going to start upping their prices on devices. They need to do something to stop the bleeding in their finances. They have already cut almost all of our premium services, so it wouldn't exactly be a surprise to see a phone listed at $249 or $299. I would still buy it at $299, but any higher and that's just overkill.
  25. Covert_Death

killing the iDen network is going to be a big relieve on their wallet as well as switching to LTE, its cheaper all around for better preformance. the sooner they get people off wimax the better. they are making the right business moves, they just should have done them 2 years ago instead of doing Wimax just to be the first
    BenChase7 likes this.