• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Ultimate FREE music streaming program/app!!!

916x10

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2010
You guys ever hear of Subsonic?

After the epic fail of Google Music (for me) due to

-a bug in it's Music Manager that first prevented me from logging in by giving the dreaded "Only two accounts can be used per computer" error. The funny part was that this was my first time installing Music Manager to my computer so obviously only 1 account was used.

After I found a workaround for that problem (set my ethernet card to a random mac address), I was able to get it to work and got all my music uploaded. That in itself took about 4 days...I should have ditched Google Music right then. But damn the app looked so damn good!

So I go to upload some more music today and now I get another error, "Login failed"....I used the right username and password and it just wouldn't work so I decided to ditch it cause it's more hassle than it's worth.

I still want a streaming music service for when the mood strikes so I did some searching around and stumbled upon Subsonic. After reading about I decided to give it a shot and am diggin' it. While it's not anything that looks sexy, or even current for that matter, it's simplicity, small footprint, customizability and ease of use (it took all of 5-10 seconds to show all of my music!) I highly suggest it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones