The unofficial "I reserved @ Radio Shack" Thread

Last Updated: 2011-02-13 18:26:53

1. And some don't have upgrades

Advertisement
  2. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Well-Known Member

It's precisely because of reason #3 that I have to be very cautious...the wife gets a bit annoyed with my phone upgrading. Luckily, this one is only $99, and I'm eligible for a full upgrade. A wife unhappy, means a husband unhappy. lol

3. My future wife doesn't care its my one thing I spend and I always make more than enough to buy the next. Plus we have a deal as long as bills are paid and savings grows im good ;)
  4. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

Well, here is another scenario.

I have had a blackberry 9700 since 2009. 6 months left until I can upgrade early.
  5. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

I'm a #3 for sure.
  6. VeryProudOfYa

VeryProudOfYa Member

I have an upgrade first week in March and i am going to wait. Im excited though cause i get another month of following this forum and learning from your experiences!
  7. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

I reserved mine yesterday. They didn't really give me a hard time about using the upgrade of another number on our family plan. They just said I will have to add the data plan to the other line. They said what I do "when I walk out the door, is my own business"
  8. very cool :)
  9. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

Thats the smartest answer I have heard to date. Honestly, they are there to sell products, not get involved in the minutae of contract specifics. Just sell you the device and let you and att deal with the garbage.
  10. Bosco3

Bosco3 Member

You may want to push back on that "have to add the data plan to the other line" if it means you'll wind up with an extra data plan you don't need/want.

At one point, my Dad had an HTC Tilt. He broke the screen after a couple of months. He went back to replace it (wound up with an iPhone 3GS), but it was to early in the contract to do anything but pay full price (no upgrade available).

The rep at the AT&T store had the same suggestion - use my Mom's available upgrade to get the discounted price. I'm 99% sure they did not need to put a data plan on my Mom's line (she had an old junk flip phone), just extend her contract date 2yrs.
  11. So radioshack just told me they wont sell phone off contract? ? How stupid is that?
  12. YouGotRedOnYou

WTH!?!?!?!?!? That's just dumb if that is indeed their policy. Guess they can kiss a lot of sales bye-bye.

13. Yea basically said company policy no off contract phones they loose money
  14. YouGotRedOnYou

Just shaking my head....
  15. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

It can't be that wide-spread of a "company policy". I pre-ordered mine off-contract.
  16. Makes two of us. He would have totally had my sale. I would have returned my captivate and got my money back but I don't have any upgrades so they are beat
  17. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

wait what? my local radioshack knows me very well...we always exchange business between stores, and I have bought all of my off contract phones from them:

Captivate
    HTC Surround
    HTC Aria
    Iphone 3gs (eww)

plus, look at this:

"unactivated price"
    [​IMG]

set your radioshack straight! whats their number ill give them a talking to

18. Serious lol the best was he preceeded that telling me how knowledgeable there staff is bwwweuuuhaha
  19. YouGotRedOnYou

Sounds like he may of been sick...you know...open-mouth-insert-foot-itis.

20. Or its cousin dumbassitis
  21. YouGotRedOnYou

22. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

I thought I would be able to just extend the other contract 2 years and not have them add the data plan to the other line. They are aware I have no intention of using the inspire on the line I am using for the upgrade. It's no big deal either way. If they add it then I will take it off when I get home. Just glad they let me upgrade. I don't even see the big deal about them letting me upgrade using another line. They are getting their new 2 year contract, what does it matter if it is me or my family member getting the phone. A new 2 year contract is a new 2 year contract no matter how you slice it.
  23. kimtyson

kimtyson Well-Known Member

Just reserved mine. I have the iPhone 4 and plan on swapping the SIM whenever I feel like changing phones. For $99 I couldn't resist. And now I can learn and play with Android. My iPhone is jailbroken (jailbreaked?) or whatever, but I still would like the freedom of the Android. I have had a few Windows phones, with XDA ROMs on them. Just looking to broaden my horizons. Anyway, can't wait for next Sunday.
  24. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

IIRC, iPhone 4 uses a micro-SIM. I don't think it'll be swappable.
  25. YouGotRedOnYou

Chew's right. Since the iPhone 4 has a smaller sim, you'll need to get AT&T to issue you another card for the Inspire, essentially crippling your swapping.