• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The unrootable phone rooted

loper324

Lurker
Oct 7, 2012
I've rooted the "unrootable" phone.

I using the Cydia Impactor. I contacted the developers on the IRC as I was having a APK error and they made a custom version for it.

If anyone wants the build it's hosed at their site, however I've forgot the URL I used for it.. as such I will link it below.

If the developers happen to see this and want it removed contact the admins as I'm not active on the forums. If you see it and know the link please provide it for them thanks!

For those who were wondering why it was unrootable:
SuperOneClick threw demons with blue flames error or something like that.
Poot froze the phone
z4root (or the app named something like that) never did anything and simply sat there (I left the phone plugged up for a whole day with the window open and everything)

If you can think of it I tried it.

I found it thanks to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX9_BN9XL8

Download link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!1xsRQDKD!H1ficAfFGuGhZpgXvDKC8tnm4oSM7KR4R1-jP0QSPlI

Now, with that out of the way, does anyone have a custom ROM or something... should I even try that or what?

custom ROM or something... should I even try that or what?
That depends on what you want. If it's just to be able to say that you have a custom ROM, probably not. The risk (of bricking the phone) far outweighs any advantage you'll get from some random ROM.

If you want a totally different look to the phone, try installing some other launcher (there are plenty of free ones) and different wallpaper.

If there's some specific function that some custom ROM gives you, and it doesn't take away some feature you need, then maybe you should try it. (And that varies by individual. If you never use the GPS, a ROM that doesn't handle the GPS correctly wouldn't bother you. If you use it a lot you wouldn't want that ROM, regardless of what else it gives you.)

Upvote 0
I've recently noticed more and more apps aren't being supported by my current version of android (2.3.6) and the makers have released a update for it to goto 4.1.2...

I've looked at the update and it would leave me without root, I've tried changing the update and resigning it but that leaves me in a bad spot as it has to be their signatures, just any cert doesn't work.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones