The update is available OTAGeneral

1. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

Checked my phone just after 4pm and found the update available for download. I'm in the metro-Detroit area.

Advertisement
  2. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

Indeed. Hopefully last small update
  3. MarkR

MarkR Well-Known Member

Mine was pushed at 3:00 in Houston. I was looking forward to better connectivity but so far it's the same.
  4. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

I wish they would be more specific as to what they mean by "better connectivity".
  5. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

I know they had been turning on 4g in my general area but my signal at home was very spotty and not 4g. As soon as I updated our 2 Thunderbolt's, I had a solid 4g signal at the house. This is great as we are somewhat rural, although about 45 minutes west of DC and can't get any high speed internet other than this or satellite. Anyway, it seems like the connectivity is definitely better in my case.
  6. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

I installed the update last night. It all seems to be working the same, which is fine since it didn't break anything! Now we just need the ICS update. :)
  7. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

I just updated my and don't see any change, but I was getting a good signal anyway.
  8. AustinTech

AustinTech Well-Known Member

Works fine so far on my Bolt. Didn't really have any big problems anyway. I'll be curious to see if this helps my wife's continued reboot of Sense issue.
  9. artman540

artman540 Well-Known Member

The update caused all kinds of bugs for my wife's bolt.
  10. MarkR

MarkR Well-Known Member

It was draining my battery faster than normal. I did a battery pull and it seems to be better now.
  11. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member

I noticed the news sync was auotmically turned on after the OTA even though it was not before. Turned it back off. No other issues.

-Frank
  12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Well-Known Member

I just hit the OTA update last night. Not sure if anything is really different.
  13. jmoose4bama

jmoose4bama Active Member

available in tampa, just downloaded the update
  14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Well-Known Member

Anyone finding that the battery drains much quicker now?
  15. terrin81

terrin81 New Member

I'm having that issue. It's been off the charger for 3 hours and already down to 60%, where prior to the update it would still be at ~75%
  16. fs22

fs22 Member

Yes, definitely! I have to charge my phone several times a day now, even though I have the extended battery and my usage has stayed the same or decreased due to the poor battery life.

My battery is almost always warm now too, so that indicates to me that something is drawing quite a bit of current.

I don't have a landline. My cell phone is my only phone, so I really hope HTC fixes this problem quickly! :mad:
  17. fs22

fs22 Member

Found this on Verizon's own forums. The issues described are exactly what I'm experiencing.
  18. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

All that data going back and forth secretly is pretty scary imo.
  19. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

No problem here at all. The link above to verizon forums just talks about three people having the problem, so go figure. I have to say that never had any problems with my cell phones and tablets. Maybe I have been lucky.
  20. fs22

fs22 Member

I just got off the phone with a friend who works at Verizon. He says they're getting lots of complaints about the poor battery life.

I did a few adjustments that I found here and on other Android forums, like turning the brightness down, turning off auto sync, animations, vibrate feedback, etc. That seemed to help.
  21. rocknroar1

rocknroar1 Active Member

I still haven't received the update to 2.11.605.19 ota...and I'm not rooted. Any ideas why I wouldn't get it?