The upgrade to 2.1 has possessed my phone!

Last Updated:

1. melynbeth

melynbeth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I upgraded to 2.1 a couple of days ago and I think it's possessed my phone! My ringer keeps going off and there's no one calling. And I can't figure out how to hang up from a call now! It's also so slow when I click on someone to call. Sometimes it just sits there until it finally starts to make the call. Any suggestions? Oh and my shapewriter does not work nearly as well as it did on the 1.5. Do you think this is something that will get worked out or are we destined to deal with the bugginess of the 2.1?

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

I would bet it's going to be the latter

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I would say reload 2.1 again

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

It does take a long time to make a call, and for it to show who's calling. This is very annoying. My phone also flash to a black screen sometimes. Its just acting weird.

5. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

The way I got around the dialer lag was to remove the Facebook for HTC Sense account. And I removed the HTC email, and message widgets. I also killed the Sprint TV app running in the background. Helped the dialer screen lag a lot.

6. doinurmom

doinurmom New Member

1st of all when i call someone there is a little vibration for no reason (I don't want like or need this feature)
    2nd thing when I make a call the screen blacks out and I cannot find a solution for this. In my world I need to be able to use the screen to select options switch between calls mute the phone and un-mute I work for a living and (I don't want like or need this feature)
    3rd thing is I use a blue tooth head set and for some reason my hero now when i answer a call and say "Hi" the other party barely hears me and then for just a second I hear them on the hand set not my head set but then it links up and we hear each other nicely. It appears to be some delay (more than with 1.x) (I don't want like or need this feature)
    there are other features that have not caught my interest maybe Ill work through it or I wont. I do love the phone but 2.1 makes me miss my Black Berry
    The expanding function like the iphone is cool to zoom in on a doc or browser. So there is something good about the new Android 2.1

7. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

how did you stopped the tv from running?

8. dominicanyor

I know what you mean it has alot of lag.

9. dominicanyor

but we do reaload again and then it gets worse than what?