• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The usb storage

gayso

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
My phone is not rooted

I use a sd card

and as the phone has 11gb itself this is enough for me as i used it for apps music and pictures

now as i got it the sd card i want to keep all my apps on the usb storage(internal memory)

and i will keep the rest like music,pictures on the sd card

but i even realized that some apps go to the internal memory thats 2gb

My question is, how can i make it default for apps downloaded to be saved to usb storage, and how can i prevent them going to internal memory?

My phone is not rooted

I use a sd card

and as the phone has 11gb itself this is enough for me as i used it for apps music and pictures

now as i got it the sd card i want to keep all my apps on the usb storage(internal memory)

and i will keep the rest like music,pictures on the sd card

but i even realized that some apps go to the internal memory thats 2gb

My question is, how can i make it default for apps downloaded to be saved to usb storage, and how can i prevent them going to internal memory?
A google search shows this and this... and this can be done without rooting your phone.

Just a reminder that there are consequences to doing this method - the removal or failure of your SD card can result your phone or your apps to be pretty unstable... once you get it installing to your external SD card.

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones