1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The verdict's in: XO Skin sucksTips

1. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Well-Known Member

just pulled my second replacement one they sent me off my GN. too rubbery-but i could deal with that.

the major issue was how bad it affected touch sensitivity, and how it things on the screen would highlight that i didn't touch causing the browsing experience to be a pain the neck.

it also has a slight orange peel affect, makes the screen grainy, and leaves the edges unprotected. i had it one for a week-more than enough time to "cure".

thumbs down on xo skin.

anyone know a good skin that covers the entire screen? thanx

Advertisement
    :
  2. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

I have xo and my screen is for the most part completely covered....think you ordered the wrong one. None of those other issues either.
    edge likes this.
  3. I hate XO when i had it on my iPhone...sticky protector!
  4. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's saying the XO doesn't cover the entire screen. I think he's saying that because of the shortcomings he listed, he's looking for another screen protector that also covers the entire screeen.
  5. xzero425x

xzero425x Well-Known Member

maybe in your opinion. I dont see any orange peel on mine. its clear as glass. Smooth to touch and doesn't change the look of the screen. way better than zagg. Thumbs up for me!
  6. wysts43

I will say that mine did/does have a slight rubbery feel, but I have gotten used to it. It was a concern at first being that I never had a protector for either my og Droid or thunderbolt. I do prefer the feel of the naked glass, but I like no scratches better.
  7. xzero425x

xzero425x Well-Known Member

welp i do dislike the fact i just just cleaned it with a paper towel and that scratched the sh** out of my protector. like what the crap is that!
  8. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

I love mine,makes the screen shows the beauty of it and I dont see any orange peel
    edge likes this.
  9. wysts43

I've also had what seems like minor scratches on the protector, but they have always rubbed out.... use a soft cloth or your shirt to clean your screen
  10. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

+1

I was amazed that the bubbles cleared up within a day and the protector is beautiful. It does have a very very slight drag but not bad at all, surely no where near as bad as a Zagg which I hate. I think it's a beautiful screen protector and it fits my screen nicely.
  11. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

Otter Box.. when i First bought my GN i bought a Screen protector and no case. Once i put the Screen protector on i found the Otter Box Defender which is a very strong case and has a screen protector build into it. So i slapped that one on my GN on top of the original VZW screen protector i bought and with the Otter Box screeen protector on top i have NO touch issue. Screen is still super responsive and i am very impress with the case
  12. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Had an XO skin on mine. Needless to say it only lasted a couple hours before I ripped it off. Fitment was perfect though.
  13. BubbaNexus

it didn't cover the entire screen, which kinda defeats the purpose of a screen protector.....
  14. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me except I used a microfiber towel and it scratched it. Gave it a while and it didn't go away so I'm now in the XO Skins is crap group. Why put a screen protector on to protect against scratches only to always have scratches on your screen protector.
  15. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

I agree with the op. Took my XO skin off after one day and threw it away. The rubbery feel was awful. Going naked now. My 2 year old dinc has no scratches on the screen, so I'm not worried about scratching the Gnex.
  16. elogical

elogical Member

They really do get better when they set, 2 hours definitely isn't a fair chance for them, it's just a waste of money if you're not going to let it set to try it out.

There is a slight rubbery feel and very slight orange peel but it's quite good compared to other screen protectors I've used in the past. I haven't had any issues with the touch or selection on the screen from it.

The tiny bubbles and the cloudiness truly do go away like it says on the instructions
  17. djsat03

djsat03 Well-Known Member

I have XO skin on my, i will say its better then zagg, it was easier to install, i don't have no color effect. Does have that rubbery feel to it, but i got used to it. So overall i am very satisfied with XO skins. Paid like $11 for it, which is not bad at all.

On my Droid, i had the boxwave and still do, it feels like your touching the real glass, no rubbery feel at all. Its dry installation. If somebody has this on their nexus please do comment and leave your review.

Boxwave for Nexus
  18. BubbaNexus

i saw the good reviews on these. wish it covered the top part too....
  19. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

I have an XO Skins on mine and have had no problems with it what so ever. The polyurethane screen protectors like XO, InvisibleShield, GhostArmor are all very similar. However I have found XO to be the best out of the bunch and I dont notice a rubbery feel at all. Have it on my GNex and GTab 10.1 and no complaints from me.

If you dont want this type of screen protector, then go with something like boxwave. Had it on my OG Droid as well and it did a decent job. Scratched easily and lost its feel over time.

Screen protectors in my opinion are all personal preference, dont like the polyurethane ones, then go with a different kind.
    edge likes this.
  20. lazy bum

lazy bum Active Member

mine has a rubbery feel and I'm also noticing the delay/difficulty with my screen response to touches now. Good to know it's probably the XO and not my phone.
  21. elogical

elogical Member

The slight rubbery feel stays, the delay on the screen shouldn't. I definitely don't think this protector is perfect but I've had zero issue with screen response though. I assume it's totally set and doesn't have any bubbles or streaks under the skin?

I'll definitely report back if I have any issues cause I don't want to mislead anyone, just wanted to be sure to point out that not all the xo skin users are having issues with it
  22. reggie16

reggie16 Well-Known Member

i messed up my application and i had 2-3 big bubbles by the bottom right corner after about 12 hours. Now i think i am going to have to wait and see if they clear up, if not i will have to pull it off and get a replacement.
  23. blake247

blake247 Well-Known Member

I actually like the standard verizon screen protectors. They don't go all the way to the edges as not to interfere with a case.
  24. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

My XO skin has a slight rubbery feel and definitely messes with the double tap ability.
    Contrary to OP, mine covers the whole screen.
  25. ez12a

ez12a Well-Known Member

hmm i ordered an xo but not sure if i want to put it on now. I have the one that came with my diztronic case which does not have a rubber feel (it's a plastic dry application type protector).