The video quality is horrible

Last Updated:

1. PSNSiiCknes

PSNSiiCknes Member This Topic's Starter

Bacially the youtube video quality is really bad. Even if i play a youtube video it just says "video cannot be played" all the time so i never use youtube anymore on my hero. But i put downloaded a video for my phone and its like really bad quality. I viewed it on the internet and the video is good quality. And Sprint TV is super horrible quality too. Whats wrong?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jlee

jlee Member

I'm no expert, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that Android 1.5 is only capable of displaying 65k colors. This lower limit becomes evident when watching videos on the Hero. The actual Hero screen limit is 262k colors, which sounds like an Android OS upgrade may be able to take full advantage of the Hero's capabilities.

3. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

The YouTube app defaults to Low Quality unless you are on WIFI. Are you switching to High Quality?

4. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

maybe if you searched the forum you would have learned that when watching youtube you can press menu and switch to high quality which looks flawless.

5. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

beat me to the punch...

6. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

punch anyway. this forum has good info, buried in the same question reposted a gazillion times.