• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The VS thread. EVO and now what GalaxySII? Note?

maluminse

Aug 6, 2010
I have the EVO 4g with Sprint. Im eligible for 150 upgrade.

The Note is likely to come to Sprint but probably not for like six months.

I like the GalaxyS II. My 150 does 0 for the Note. Id have to pay the presumably 299 to get the Note and sign the two year dotted line.

So use the 150 toward Galaxy SII?

Just wait for Note?

I really like the Note and I WILL get it one way or the other. Switching to att or however. Ill give Sprint till mwc.

(4g is a non issue b/c even in cities that have 4g you cant pick it up inside. my exp)

The SGSII is a good phone I would be tempted to go for it in your shoes. It looks like the Gnex will be released on Sprint sometime soon and it will be an LTE device which I can get inside on VZW ;) If you want a bigger screen then wait for the note. It is the only upcoming phone I have been tempted about just because of it's big screen :D

Upvote 0
Based on the situation you stated, I would just wait for the Note. You said, no matter what you'll end up getting the note so might as well wait instead signing another 2 year deal with a phone that you don't really want. I think you're going to end up paying $299.99 + regardless if you switch carriers just to get the Note. Also, IMO, Sprint's plans are way more cost effective so you'll be shelling out more money if you switch to another carrier unless you downgrade your plan.

So I believe, if your heart is set on getting the Note....wait it out.

Upvote 0
Based on the situation you stated, I would just wait for the Note. You said, no matter what you'll end up getting the note so might as well wait instead signing another 2 year deal with a phone that you don't really want. I think you're going to end up paying $299.99 + regardless if you switch carriers just to get the Note. Also, IMO, Sprint's plans are way more cost effective so you'll be shelling out more money if you switch to another carrier unless you downgrade your plan.

So I believe, if your heart is set on getting the Note....wait it out.

I think yall are right. If I dont wait then I wont pay 299 for the note unless I switch. Ill have used my discount on the galaxy.

Waiting game it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones