The VS840ZV8 have comeGeneral

1. crysisy

crysisy New Member

It can be upgraded by VZW software upgrade assistan
    The version of V8 is still 4.04, ai........

Advertisement
  2. Alexminatl

Alexminatl Active Member

It hasn't come for mine yet.
  3. Keynith

Keynith Well-Known Member

I dont even think ill be updating
  4. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

mine is updating now to v8. cert replacement that was delivered today.
  5. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

This update seems to have fixed the keyboard issues i was having. So far so smooth. not rooted yet, but disabled alot of the junk apps.
    afmracer6 likes this.
  6. Alexminatl

Alexminatl Active Member

I tried updating, but it bricked my phone. I wonder if it was the google now I had installed. I was rooted, but I saw people say that wasn't a problem.
  7. afmracer6

afmracer6 Well-Known Member

try the unbrick.
    i did it last night. it worked well for me.
  8. xxwhynotxx

xxwhynotxx Well-Known Member

what keyboard issues has this fixed? any other feedback?
  9. Keynith

Keynith Well-Known Member

Screen sensitivity is horrible, battery seems the same, and radio no different. Its just a last update so lg can be done with the lucid, which retires on the 15th from Verizon
  10. xxwhynotxx

So vote is don't update from v7?
  11. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Only difference I've seen is I lost root, which was easily fixed.. Other than that I haven't noticed anything
  12. kpwhit714

kpwhit714 Member

An issue I and my brother who has the same device have run across is this. The quick reply or message popup system has stopped working entirely. I still get notifications, it just won't popup anymore. I've tried disabling and enabling the option and restarting the phone, but I've had no luck. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, is the upgrade responsible and do you have any solutions?
  13. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Yeah just noticed that on mine as well. Haven't figured out why yet or how to fix it yet.
  14. kpwhit714

kpwhit714 Member

Neither have I. I contacted LG by email. And got the following reply:

So darn. I seem to have replaced the feature with few problems, with the wonderful app: SMS Popup.
  15. xxwhynotxx

My idiotic phone auto updated the other day... have the same problem with popus in go sms... great...
  16. kpwhit714

kpwhit714 Member

Huh, I wouldn't expect it to mess with other apps as well. It works fine with sms popup.
  17. kpwhit714

kpwhit714 Member

If anyone still cares, I recently did a software reset on the phone and was pleasantly surprised to see the popup message system working again.