The wacky thinking of those liberals - they're off the rails now!

Last Updated:

1. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned This Topic's Starter

Latest newsflash from the liberal camp: Rocks are evil!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/16/MN3T1EE9KS.DTL#ixzz0u02EMeKa

[​IMG]

You almost have to love liberals the way you would your neighbor's mentally handicapped child....almost.

Advertisement
    Dr. Shady PhD likes this.
  2. Dr. Shady PhD

Dr. Shady PhD Well-Known Member

lol

3. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Clear Creek Management Area | Region 9: Naturally Occurring Asbestos | US EPA

http://www.epa.gov/region9/toxic/noa/eldorado/pdf/eldorado-asb-flyer.pdf

I don't really care about the legislation, just the fact that the only two studies done by the EPA on Naturally Occurring Asbestos show that there is plenty of room for concern, both products of Chrysotile Asbestos (Serpentine Asbestos).

4. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned This Topic's Starter

Her legislation won't make the serpentine rock go away, will it? :D According to part of the article I posted, the EPA says that undisturbed, naturally occurring asbestos presents no risk.

5. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Of course it won't...she's probably just an idiot. Of course that's not her agenda with this bill, but her agenda is still stupid nonetheless.

So? If it occurs in parks and public places where "disturbance" could be something as simple as jogging, kicking up asbestos fibers into the air and ultimately into children's lungs...

According to the EPA, people who work at those parks and public facilities are almost guaranteed a problem (cancer, etc). :(

6. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

While I think the idea of wasting legislative time and effort on the declassification of a rock from State symbol status is just ludicrous, I don't really see it as any more silly than actually having such a formal classification.

I wonder whether the motives of this bill are more about raising awareness of the dangers of asbestos in general, rather than any belief in 'rocks are evil', something I think the OP might simply made-up to sensationalize his post.

If time must be wasted with such legislation, I do think it's a shame not to broaden the bill to encompass all the formal State symbols.

7. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member

I can just imagine the state by state roll-call at the next GOP national convention...

"The Great Oil-Soaked State of Louisiana, home of the Biggest Environmental Disaster in U.S. History, and shoreline to millions of dead birds, fish, and turtles, is pleased to support the nomination of former BP executive..."