1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The Windshield WiperGeneral

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I put the weather app on the home page.. I noticed that when it's predicting rain or rain/snow mix a windshield wiper goes across the screen like it's wiping off my Eris screen.

I just thought that was cool. Post cool stuff that surprised you about the Eris. :cool: :D

[edit] By the way, by "weather app on the home page" I mean that I have only the weather app there, nothing else; it covers the whole screen, which surprised me when I first tried it out.. I thought it'd be only a temporary experiment, but I think I'll leave it there.. it has a little "update" bar at the bottom of the widget.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I thought that was cool too...lol
  3. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

I just showed off that nifty function to a friend last night. Must be raining throughout the country. All of our wind shield wipers are going.
  4. Caddyman

We are about to get 2' of snow here in delaware tomorrow.
  5. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

Ugg. No snow in New Orleans, but it is a balmy 50 degrees with lots of rain. Better clear up by Sunday. Geaux Saints!!!!!
  6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

7. Frisco

We're not the only ones getting snow, it appears, as I look at accuweather; quite a Winter this year.

Must be global warming. :rolleyes::D
  8. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

12" + coming to Maryland tomorrow & Saturday.
  9. cmack

cmack Well-Known Member

My friend just got a Moto Droid and she texted me last night with a smiley and I didn't realize that they are all customized android robots. Now when I use them, my friends will know I'm not using a crappy BB like they are.
  10. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

What is this app called?
  11. Frisco

But the Droid smilies only come up on other Droids, don't they? My wife has a Samsung non-droid and all she sees is the text ":)" etc..
  12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

On the HD2 the rain actually falls on the screen and rolls down over the icons when you just have the clock/weather widget on. It also frosts the screen when it is cold and has leaves blowing by on windy days. It is really cool to see. I hope they add this in to 2.0.

Take a look

Don't brag. :p

I think that only works on Android phones, so your BB buddies won't see it.
  13. OfTheDamned

14. Frisco

How do you make multiple quotes in your posts, OTD?
  15. Frisco

Oh..

I think I figured it out..

Very cool.. :)

Carry on.. :D
  16. OfTheDamned

17. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

18. OfTheDamned

Not that I go for that sort of stuff, but I have a feeling he would be pretty lonely with that thing. None of the girls I know would touch it. And I'm not talking about the ones on my team either. :p
  19. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

WOW:eek::p
  20. OfTheDamned

21. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Were supposed to get 2 feet of snow here in philly
  22. OfTheDamned

I wish we could get some snow. We hardly ever get any and when we do it either doesn't stick or just turns to ice.
  23. Caddyman

you can use the multiquote button too [​IMG] click that on each posts then on the last quoted post hit the big quote button.

sissies

we have been getting hammered this season :p
  24. MZPilotGuy

MZPilotGuy Well-Known Member

Northern Virginia is looking at 16-24". Should be fun! But to go along with the thread, i just picked up Weatherbug elite $1.99 in the market. It is fantastic! I especially like the animated radar screen. It is by far the best I have found for weather and it updates every 15 minutes. Who knows, they may make it with shorter update times in later releases. There is a free version as well with Ads. (I hate ads... JMO. lol!)
  25. Frisco