• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Windshield Wiper

you can use the multiquote button too
multiquote_off.gif
click that on each posts then on the last quoted post hit the big quote button.

I didn't realize you could do that. I usually just copy them. I will try that next time.

Well, they are girls. :p

we have been getting hammered this season :p

I have heard that people are getting a bit more than usual this year. We have had some really cold weather and a lot of rain, but the 2 never meet up. If it rains the weather usually warms up a day or 2 beforehand. It gets annoying.

Upvote 0
Northern Virginia is looking at 16-24". Should be fun! But to go along with the thread, i just picked up Accuweather elite $1.99 in the market. It is fantastic! I especially like the animated radar screen. It is by far the best I have found for weather and it updates every 15 minutes. Who knows, they may make it with shorter update times in later releases. There is a free version as well with Ads. (I hate ads... JMO. lol!)
You guys are getting all the snow, here in the NE we've gotten hardly anything. usual anual snowfall is 100", only had maybe 12" so far, to frikin cold to snow.
But I have to add, love the weather apps were I can get radar on my phone, way cool.

Upvote 0
Northern Virginia is looking at 16-24". Should be fun! But to go along with the thread, i just picked up Accuweather elite $1.99 in the market. It is fantastic! I especially like the animated radar screen. It is by far the best I have found for weather and it updates every 15 minutes. Who knows, they may make it with shorter update times in later releases. There is a free version as well with Ads. (I hate ads... JMO. lol!)

I'm unable to find Accuweather elite... I can find Accuweather and Accuweather Widget (both of which are free) but not "elite" or one with a price. :thinking:

:(

Upvote 0
i put the weather app on the home page.. I noticed that when it's predicting rain or rain/snow mix a windshield wiper goes across the screen like it's wiping off my eris screen.

I just thought that was cool. Post cool stuff that surprised you about the eris. :cool: :d

[edit] by the way, by "weather app on the home page" i mean that i have only the weather app there, nothing else; it covers the whole screen, which surprised me when i first tried it out.. I thought it'd be only a temporary experiment, but i think i'll leave it there.. It has a little "update" bar at the bottom of the widget.

how is this app on the battery and memory? Does it make the phone lag at all or drain it? Thinking about getting it but wanna make sure it won't kill my phone.

Upvote 0
how is this app on the battery and memory? Does it make the phone lag at all or drain it? Thinking about getting it but wanna make sure it won't kill my phone.

It has to be updated after each use, I noticed; it does not self-update on its own. This is good, as it means it is not polling for weather data and thus not draining the battery.

It updates with a touch of the little grey bar at the bottom.

Upvote 0
it has to be updated after each use, i noticed; it does not self-update on its own. This is good, as it means it is not polling for weather data and thus not draining the battery.

It updates with a touch of the little grey bar at the bottom.

that is a good thing. Thanks frisco. I'm gonna have to give this a shot on my eris. Does it run nice and fluid?

Upvote 0
that is a good thing. Thanks frisco. I'm gonna have to give this a shot on my eris. Does it run nice and fluid?

No. My phone caught fire the first time it ran. I had to use a chemical-based fire extinguisher and that put a permanent haze on the glass after the flames died down.

I'm waiting for 2.1 to come along and fix these issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones