The Windshield WiperGeneral

Last Updated:

1. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I didn't realize you could do that. I usually just copy them. I will try that next time.

Well, they are girls. :p

I have heard that people are getting a bit more than usual this year. We have had some really cold weather and a lot of rain, but the 2 never meet up. If it rains the weather usually warms up a day or 2 beforehand. It gets annoying.

Advertisement
  2. wiattc

wiattc Well-Known Member

Balmy....I'm only two hours East of you and it's that chilly wet out. Wanna trade?

Geaux Saints!!!!
  3. foccer

foccer Member

CT here.1" of snow coming.Whoopee. they'll probably still cancel schools. I think my town has been invaded by people from the south cause we used to go to school in half a foot, now they cancel when there's a dusting on the way. Cold as sheet here though.
  4. foccer

foccer Member

CT here.1" of snow coming.Whoopee. they'll probably still cancel schools. I think my town has been invaded by people from the south cause we used to go to school in half a foot, now they cancel when there's a dusting on the waciy. Cold as sheet here though.
  5. wilceaux

wilceaux Well-Known Member

6. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

What do your drinking habits have to do with it...

I left here for NJ on Friday the weekend before Christmas, the night that last big blizzard hit. Drove 14 hours and ended up staying in MD for 2 nights (should've taken about 7 hours to get to that point). That was fun (not really).
  7. Saw it was 52 back in Auburn. Sitting in 28 in Chicago. :(

Cool thing about my Eris? The green bastard waves at me every time the phone starts up. Brightens up my day.
  8. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Open the weather app, hit MENU, then Demo. Then swipe to go through the (10) options.
    xtech likes this.
  9. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Hell, I live in West Texas. In a normal winter we get snow once, MAYBE twice, and never a lot--maybe an inch or two. Between Halloween and New Years we got snow five times. The first one was five inches and the other four totaled about the same. 10 inches of snow in the desert in two months? Global warming my a$$!!!
  10. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

I just had to say....

WHO DAT??? COLTS DAT!!!!!! :D
  11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Sounds like an envious boss I once had.

:D
  12. CampD

CampD Well-Known Member

You guys are getting all the snow, here in the NE we've gotten hardly anything. usual anual snowfall is 100", only had maybe 12" so far, to frikin cold to snow.
    But I have to add, love the weather apps were I can get radar on my phone, way cool.
  13. Blue_Fedora

Blue_Fedora Active Member

I'm unable to find Accuweather elite... I can find Accuweather and Accuweather Widget (both of which are free) but not "elite" or one with a price. :confused:

:(
  14. OfTheDamned

I think he may be talking about Weatherbug elite. Pretty nice little program.
  15. Blue_Fedora

Blue_Fedora Active Member

Thanks OTD... I was thinking that might be the case but since he specifically said accuweather, I thought I was maybe looking in the wrong place.

You rock :)
  16. davros

davros Well-Known Member

team?

wtf?

:confused: :rolleyes:
  17. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member

how is this app on the battery and memory? Does it make the phone lag at all or drain it? Thinking about getting it but wanna make sure it won't kill my phone.
  18. Frisco

It has to be updated after each use, I noticed; it does not self-update on its own. This is good, as it means it is not polling for weather data and thus not draining the battery.

It updates with a touch of the little grey bar at the bottom.
  19. mersh21

that is a good thing. Thanks frisco. I'm gonna have to give this a shot on my eris. Does it run nice and fluid?
  20. Frisco

No. My phone caught fire the first time it ran. I had to use a chemical-based fire extinguisher and that put a permanent haze on the glass after the flames died down.

I'm waiting for 2.1 to come along and fix these issues.
  21. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

^^^ lolz!!!!:d
  22. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member

I have mine set to intermittent for light drizzle...saves tons of battery :p
  23. mersh21

And so the regulars start beating up on the new guy. Nice. Lolz
  24. OfTheDamned

You're not that new anymore.:p
  25. mersh21

Very true. Little over a week and i've been on these damn forums everyday while i'm at work. It's cool.....i like getting made fun of. I'm a terror with dishing it back....especially at work. Thanks for the smack.