The "Wooo Hooo" I just ordered My Nexus 4 Thread!General

1. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

Same what hotels usually do when you check-in. Reserve the money from the cc and only charge when you checkout .. Only annoying is, if a company cancels an order for example but doesn't cancel the payment - it can take up to 7-10 working days for the bank to release the lock as "unclaimed".

Very annoying ..
  2. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

People who pay this sort of money should be ... I don't know .. get real I suppose.

[​IMG]

You get three S3 here in the UK for that sort of money.
  3. acp

acp Well-Known Member

This is the last review I'm going to read lol
  4. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

Just got this email from Play:

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We
  5. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

6. Dolmangar

From Google Wallet transactions
    Order Date: November 13, 2012 4:57:32 PM UTC

Like most I started trying prior to the 11am EST start time that was released. So this is 10:57 AM.

Oh well, at least it looks like they are crediting shipping. I would obviously prefer to have it sooner than later, but I'm not really shocked. My Nexus One is still going strong (purchased 1/21/10), getting pure android is worth the wait.
  7. HyperM3

I got my order in early. Hopefully I wont get one of those emails.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 8:43:58 AM PST
  8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Looks like its going to people randomly, which honestly is just plain crazy!
  9. Dolmangar

Dogs and Cats living together, MASS Hysteria!!!
  10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

They *should* be fulfilling orders based on order time and stock allocated per distribution center. So far we've seen tracking from TX and KY ... any other locations?
  11. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

I am in Texas but have no shipping information yet. I am hoping it ships in the middle of the night from the Texas location so I get a few hours after I wake up :D
  12. Dolmangar

Despite the "We're sorry" email, my shipping date is still listed as the 15th. Seems hard to believe that they would be this dis-organized.

At the same time, it's great that there is this much demand. The N1 was always considered a failure (from a sales point of view). If the N4 can really show that this is a viable way for phone sales in the US then it chips away at the strangle hold that the cell phone providers have on customers and multi-year contracts.
  13. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I don't know if we can say for sure if there is that much demand or just limited supply.
  14. Dolmangar

BLASPHEMY!

/jk ;)

Very true, at this time I'm hoping that this will turn out to be a very successful business model so we get an N5, and 6 down the road.
  15. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

My guess is the status of the orders is supposedly updated automagically when the data is received from fulfillment. The same reason that no one is seeing tracking info is most likely why status in Wallet isn't being updated.

I bought an N1 and while it was a large investment compared to the carrier subsidized phones, I loved that sucker. I didn't even root it for 6 months and never flashed it with custom firmware. I replaced it with a SGS2 and I couldn't root and flash it fast enough after a pair of questionable AT&T updates.
  16. HyperM3

Still no update on my order here. When I called support they said I should have gotten something last night or this morning. Kinda bummed.
  17. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I decided instead of cancelling I would call support and see what they had to say. They said that they don't see my order on backorder, which is weird since I have a backorder email, and to call back at 3pm EST for better information. I feel like a yo-yo.

I'm not angry about this, I just hate waiting. I'm very impatient when it comes to new technology. Well, waiting for movies to be released too, oh and sitting at work and traffic, also I can be impatient standing in lines. I might just be an impatient person.
  18. l_Zephyr_l

l_Zephyr_l New Member

Just ordered mine. These next 7-8 weeks will just fly by. :)
  19. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

The next nexus device will have hologram capabilities,...
  20. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Ordered mine yesterday. 16Gb version. Must wait 4-5 weeks :(
  21. Dmowry

Dmowry Active Member

Well I got my order in on the 27th after a half hour battle of refreshing and Google wallet still says pending....arghhh. Hope its more like 2-3 weeks and not the 7-8 weeks I've been reading about:-(
  22. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

There are rumblings of people who ordered on the 27th getting emails recently that their orders are shipping! So hopefully LG and Google meet these expectations sooner rather then later.
    Dmowry likes this.
  23. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

mines been shipped suppose to be at my house monday :D well my other one for another person in my family since they're coming off of 2 year contract with verizon this month :D
  24. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

Im excited and its Finals so im like:trytofly:
  25. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm researching avenues to go down towards ordering myself another one. I just can't get past the 9-10 week wait time.