• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "Wooo Hooo" I just ordered My Nexus 4 Thread!

Phone arrived on Friday!! We all know the quality is great etc but I found the bluetooth to be very quick to connect and I was visiting family this weekend that live far enough out that they are on the fringe of data service. My old phone would switch from Edge to cell and back. This would kill the battery if I didn't turn off the sync. The N4 held the Edge and really never bounced back and forth. I was also impressed with the sound quality. My wife said I was clear when I called her and I was in a busy area that was pretty load.

Upvote 0
I ordered on Nov. 28 and sent an email to Customer Service inquiring what would be the latest update on my delivery date.

I immediately received an automated response that "orders are shipped on order confirmation estimates..." They added that I would receive it by Jan. 2.

I checked the calendar and discovered that Jan. 2 is exactly the end of the 4-5 week estimate that they originally promised.

I could have guessed that date on my own. :thinking:

Upvote 0
So here's my situation, I ordered a Nexus 4 when it first came out. I was in limbo for a while, and then it finally arrived about 4 days after everybody else on the first shipment received theirs.

It worked great at first. But after a week and a half, a section of the screen stopped receiving any touch input. So I called Google and the guy I talked to told me that they keep separate inventory for replacement units and that I should have one in 3-5 days. I sent in my broken one and began to wait.

That was December 6th. 12 days and 6 customer service calls later, I have no idea when/if I will get my replacement. I have talked to multiple agents and multiple supervisors, all I get is "we will contact shipping and get back to you in 24-48 hours."

Well today, I talked to another supervisor. He said the typical thing quoted above. I interrupted him and basically called BS. I was very frustrated. I told him I am leaving the country on Friday and need my unlocked phone. I told him about all the agents I have talked to and how NOT A SINGLE ONE has ever emailed me back even once. Also told him about how I have gotten different answers on the status of my device from every agent. Nobody has been able to tell me the truth about anything, just lies. One person said 3-5 days, the next time I called they said 6 weeks, the next time I called they said less than 7 days, everything is just complete crap from every Google customer service employee.

I told him that I have absolutely zero trust in Google customer service and that all I get from every employee is just empty lies. I asked for some sort of compensation, even something as simple as Google play credit, and he just said "I can't do anything." So at the end of the call, I told him how awful their customer service is. He just responded saying that I will get a follow up email from them after they contact shipping.

I am not holding my breath. I don't expect my phone to get here until late January at the earliest.

The worst part is that this was my very first Android phone. I have been a hardcore iPhone user for years (I am even typing all this on my iPad). This has been the worst Google experience I have ever had. And sure, the phone was great before it broke. But as a whole, this is definitely not a good Android experience.

Upvote 0
I know it's no consolation, but many companies customer service departments are understaffed, misinformed and basically kept there to prevent irate customers receiving any sort of satisfaction. I am currently going through a similar situation with a 46" TV and Westinghouse. It was under warranty when it died in September, returned it for repair, they couldn't repair it, so they said they'd replace it as soon as they got inventory. Three months later, I still have no TV and they can't give me a straight answer. They did offer me a refund, but the "think" it takes 16 weeks to process.

My only advice is to just keep at them and make yourself the biggest pain you can be. It might not get you anything any faster, but at least you can vent a little.

Upvote 0
I know it's no consolation, but many companies customer service departments are understaffed, misinformed and basically kept there to prevent irate customers receiving any sort of satisfaction. I am currently going through a similar situation with a 46" TV and Westinghouse. It was under warranty when it died in September, returned it for repair, they couldn't repair it, so they said they'd replace it as soon as they got inventory. Three months later, I still have no TV and they can't give me a straight answer. They did offer me a refund, but the "think" it takes 16 weeks to process.

My only advice is to just keep at them and make yourself the biggest pain you can be. It might not get you anything any faster, but at least you can vent a little.

:ditto:
This is what i had to endure but i kept at it and i eventually got my phone and the compensation i deserved.

Finally after 100 days im getting my galaxy S3.

Roughly 100 days ago i ordered this phone from Vodafone and was shocked to learn it had been delivered to someone else. I was told by Vodafone it was the post offices fault but it was them who put the wrong address on the package.

In this time i learnt that they have the worst customer service ever but after months of being ignored and being past from department to department i finally get my reward for not giving up.

I got 6 months slahed off my contract and 1 month free of charge along with the galaxy s3.So 9 months of my contract are over already so great.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I ordered my nexus on the 9th December, with a quoted delivery time of 6 to 7 weeks.

Just checked the order status and it's listed as Pending, so not sure if it's moved from Pre Ordered or if that is he next status in the order cycle?

Anybody know?
Welcome to "Google World" where customer service doesn't seem to exist.

"Pending" means the order has been placed. Next, expect that status to change to "Pre-Ordered." Neither status has anything to do with when you can expect delivery.

Can anyone can tell me the difference between the 2 status messages??? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones