The worst-engineered part of this phone is the cameraGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Boy what a battery killer...I used my camera for 15 minutes today and it took 25% off the battery...WTF?

I can't figure out how to fix the battery woes with this phone. I have no apps running, no widgets, no wi-fi or bluetooth, and screen brightness at 10% and it barely lasts throughout my day. Today I got only around 8 hours with moderate use...the battery on the DI sucks bad.

Advertisement
  2. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lol...ten minutes of the internet and it just went down another 10%...

3. BB2DROID

BB2DROID Well-Known Member

So why didn't you say the worst engineered part of this phone is the battery?

Sharondippity and GrandMasterB like this.
  4. yourfriendwayned

yourfriendwayned Well-Known Member

Someone needs a tissue for their issue - get a 1750 battery and be on your way - if you don't like it then take it back - yes they should of put at least a 1500 mah in there but theres nothing we can do now but do it ourselves... Battery tech hasn't improved like we need them now a days so the best we can do is do what I said... :)

5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Anything else you'd like to get off your chest, chimpy?

secretLOVER likes this.
  6. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

I saw a link posted here yesterday, for dealextreme.com I think. You can get 1500mah batteries for like $6 shipped. Buy a couple of those and a battery charger and you should be all set. People say the 1500 HTC batteries are a nice bump in performance from stock.

7. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

See I was having all of these problems and decided within the first day or two to constantly recycle the battery, set Advanced Task Killer to moderate auto kill and to have the bluetooth, gps, mobile and wifi widgets on my main screen.

Since then I use my phone heavily all day every day and only charge it on the 20min drive to work.

If I actually let it fully charge I get around 2 days of battery with moderate use, at least 24 hours with heavy use.

Oh, I also have live backgrounds (substrate is the coolest set of live backgrounds with the least battery usage) running and am usually listen to music with the engadget, reddit and phandroid widgets constantly updating.

My own advice, make sure you sign out of facebook/peep/twitter (if you don't use them), and to go a step further shut down all auto updates before signing out just for good measure

Other settings:
    Screen brightness set to 50% (though at full brightness i can see iPhags crying over the INCREDIBLE screen)
    Low update frequency for all apps
    I keep 3G off unless using the internet
    I use Timerrific to manage a bunch of stuff
    -at 1am on weekdays my phone automatically goes into airplane mode and comes out at 7am
    -at 9am it goes into silence and turns the brightness all the way down and at 6pm goes back to normal on weekdays
    -at 7pm on weekdays (when i get home) if 3G is on it turns off and connects to WiFi

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Yet another useless thread by chimpy.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Why title the post saying the worst part of the phone is the camera when you talk very little about the camera. And there is already tons of pointless posts crying about the battery. It is what it is so either get a different battery or take it back but the batteries on all phones arent much better.

dylo22 and NightAngel79 like this.
  10. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

This thread = FAIL

dylo22 likes this.
  11. amswink

amswink Well-Known Member

The worst part about chimpy is that he never has anything positive or helpful to say.

12. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member

i like his name. :D chimpy... monkey, monkeys! cute.

[​IMG]

13. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

Some of you clowns need to stand down rather than jump on the OP. The short battery life of the Inc is well-documented and owners have ample reason to complain. HTC underpowered this phone and no one should have to spend more $$ on an aftermarket battery to get reasonable performance.

This thread is begging for locking.

14. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

But HOW MANY of the same threads and complaints do we need about the same issue? I think that's why everyone gets so jumpy about these threads. They serve no purpose other than attention whoring.

dylo22 likes this.
  15. P M

P M Well-Known Member

Download spare parts app and use the battery monitoring functions to understand which app is draining your batt (might be something else in addition to the camera)...

the stock batt is pretty poor in terms of capacity, i have it charged while at work and on the commute to and from work. i got the 1500mah and noticed some slight gains. what do you expect though from a phone that has a processor in the 1ghz arena?

supposedly htc acknowledges an issue with their current ROM, and will hopefully have a better ROM that manages power resources better.

16. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

Not everybody lives in this forum 24-7. Get away from it once a week or so and these things wouldn't tighten your panties so much. Not just you...the other super duper fanboys as well.

jakeh0 likes this.
  17. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I'm sick of the chimp, too.

I had very bad battery performance yesterday. 50% battery at the end of the work day with hardly any use.

I deleted a few silly apps last night, and rebooted the phone. Normal on the charger with the phone on.....

I used the phone MUCH more today, and I was at 80% after work, and used it quite a bit since, and it's only at 70% now... VERY ACCEPTABLE at this point, as it's my "full day" of use! Even got some camera use today! Good night all.

18. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

i wish there was a dedicated button for camera. when i try to take a pic i frequently end up hitting one of the touch buttons and exiting the camera to the home screen

19. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Same old thread about poor battery life. Instead of coming here and venting, how about asking the community how you can improve your battery life? Wouldn't that be refreshing? At least that way you'll get some tips, and other people who are new to the forum can get something out of it too.

20. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

So you're claiming that if you surf the web, your phone goes from fully charged to dead in less than two hours.

I call shenanigans. Even on stock battery in an area with poor signal and a bunch of apps running I could squeeze four or five out with pretty much constant 'netting.

21. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I bought three on Wednesday for 14.42(shipped). It seems they are a legit company, but the shipping will take forever. I do not plan on getting mine until the end of the month.

Getting back to a topic which was never started... I am not a big fan of the camera either, but it is not a camera that also makes phone calls; it is a phone that also takes photos... and pretty good ones if the lighting is decent.
    If you want a great camera for your phone, buy a Nikon and tape it to the phone.

22. Zabii

Zabii Well-Known Member

Oh my god chimpy, you bitch about the fact that you can't get the phone, because you "don't preorder devices because first batches have issues." Then you get a first batch phone anyway. Now you go around looking for reasons to bitch about your phone. Sounds to me like you need to go back to a dumb phone and get off of our forums, because no one wants to hear you bitch.

23. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

So come here once a week, and the useful threads are on page 3, while the front page is littered with the same issue rehashed over and over again. Just reinforces my point.

24. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Moderators,

Please move this thread to battery threads sticky.

25. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Moderators,

Please lock this thread. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.