The worst thing ever happened to me :( (it broke)Support

1. mudkipz51

mudkipz51 New Member

So I may have accidently dropped/slightly threw my note 2 screen first on a tile floor. And it's cracked and the screen won't even turn on. It's probably not screen damage just digitizer or something right? It looks like it I'll add pics later. Took the battery out and put it back in and all that stuff but nothing. It vibrates like normal and the blue light was flashing I think, so it seems like it's on and it's just the screen. So anyways, I was just wondering what should I do next to troubleshoot/fix it? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I believe this and water damage, are everyone's worst nightmare. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope all is well in the end:)

Do you have insurance? Either through your provider or other insurers? I'm not sure what you can do to figure out exactly how to repair the phone without knowing where the issue is but if the phone still vibrates and the blue button lights up but the screen does not come on, there's your answer, possibly.
  3. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

Call a local Verizon store. Find out who repairs them in your area. The best way to minimize the pain is to find out how much it's going to cost you.
  4. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

I second that. Find out where you can repair it locally, like asking Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint or even Radio Shack store. Insurance is good, but in a lot of the cases if you factor in how much money you pay for it in 2 years, and deductible, and waiting for repair or receiving refurbished phone instead - you better off probably just paying repair shop $150-$200 (just guessing?) or whatever price it cost to fix it.

Also, invest in a decent case with a good bumper/lip protection after the repair.

Last but not least, if this is the worst thing ever happened to you - you are ONE lucky person!!! There could be a lot worse thing... But still, sorry for the phone and hopefully you will be able to repair it soon!
  5. mudkipz51

mudkipz51 New Member

No insurance :( I think I can fix it myself, but I don't know what's wrong with it, so I was just wondering if any of you knew what could be wrong and stuff.
  6. mudkipz51

mudkipz51 New Member

The screen just doesn't come on and bottom buttons all seem to work. So either some connector is loose or the screen is completely broken. What would be more likely
  7. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

If it comes down to the phone having to be replaced at least you can transfer pictures, videos, and data from from your phone's internal sd to your computer via USB cable.
  8. mudkipz51

mudkipz51 New Member

Drunkenly walking around with your phone isn't a good idea :(
  9. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Being that the odds are you might be drunk again, Insurance is a must! Worst case scenario you might need another phone. It'll work out! :)
    TheBritton likes this.
  10. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

I think no matter what the story is behind it, the lesson has been learned so no need to criticize ;)

Insurance and extra caution is always a good idea.
  11. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Oh lord! Can't we all just get along!!! My post is harmless. ✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌
  12. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your post that Britton is speaking about.
    TheBritton likes this.
  13. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Oh ok I tried to end with a positive note. I love EVERYBODY!!!
    TheBritton likes this.
  14. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Group hug!!! :D
    TheBritton likes this.
  15. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

There's a few youtube vids showing how to disassemble a GN2. It was interesting to see. Maybe check it out.

I guess there's no real way of telling until you pry the GN2 apart.

almath, I think Britton was responding more to the harsh statement from a previous post to yours. Hard and costly lesson in the end, but it's happened and nothing more can be done except trying to offer some help to the OP.
    TheBritton likes this.