The X just keeps getting better...

1. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

So far the only real difference in software I see the hotspot. Everything else is available on the incredible. I just told my sister about this phone. She's considering the EVO. She's with Sprint, now. Heck, someone has to be.
  3. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Very true but at least i wont have to wait a month to get this one ;)
  4. cquinn

cquinn Well-Known Member

Have to be with Sprint? Not anymore! After 9 years waiting for something like the Pre (that was a bust) and the EVUhOh (wow am I glad you can't get one or I'd have something else to have to return) It looks like I've made up my mind to switch to Verizon ( not that they're without they're problems) and grab an X. I know I should wait to get the early returns in on build quality etc etc but it looks like a winner to me.

By the way - to all those who post here (who aren't being some sort of petulant jerk) thanks, thanks a lot. You really do make it easier on those of us who don't know very much and are trying to learn.
    WilCIWS likes this.
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

She must not use her cellphone a lot because she hasn't complained about service. I would call myself a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the heck heavy user/abuser. I need verizon. I would have gotten the iPhone years ago, if it wasn't for the lousy ATT service that everyone there complains about.
  6. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the X either.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I had AT&T and quite a few dropped calls, I know people that have AT&T and have no problems but that wasn't my luck. My parents have Sprint and they love it, I would have it but I am in a contract with Verizon and Verizon has always taken care of me, so I wouldn't get rid of them now. Also since my wives family is on Verizon it isn't too bad, just need to convert my parents and I will never need minutes again.
  8. I like that it has a camera button on the side I hated trying to take a picture using the track pad on the incredible
  9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I thought so too with the eris. It seems so counter-intuitive.
  10. jpatrick18

jpatrick18 Well-Known Member

The most interesting thing in that little blurb isn't the blurb, it's the link to the specs. Now I don't know if they are guessing, if it's a typo, or if they have this as fact, but they list this thing coming with 2.2. I know there has been alot of speculation since Abode will be at the presser next week, but is this 2.2 confirmation?

Motorola DROID X (Phone Arena)
  11. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I would say that nothing is confirmation unless it comes from Verizon or Motorola directly.
  12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this stage in the phones life, it's a guessing game what the final release will include. Some guesses are educated ones and can be supported by test models, but they're still guesses. With the obvious exception of the few specs verizon released.