1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The X10 tips thread.Tips

1. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Try switchpro.

You would think for the market being Google, searching would be a lot better. I find a ton of thngs won't show if you ever get one letter off.

Here is how mine looks:

Why do my pics dissapear?
    [​IMG]
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

+1 on the search being so specific... what happened to sounds like searches!?
  3. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

I don't seems to be able to access that "secret menu". But nice pile of infos
  4. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Are you sure? i just done it.
  5. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

Its prob cause your not doin it fast enough

For apps I think launch x pro is cool..
    Its like a dock of apps, contacts u can msg, call n so forth

You can try j android hacker, basically shows info about phone, simple setcpu stats, terminal window n so forth
  6. KingDong

Added images to make it look more visually better and easier to navigate.
    charlyee likes this.
  7. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

nice tips :) very helpfull
    but does those works on all SE phones? lol
  8. KingDong

If you mean the tips and apps then yeah, everything listed there i actually have on my phone.
  9. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Tip:

(and this is good for Linux, OS X and Windows as well!)

If you want to block websites there's an easy way to do it if you have root access. I use this to block annoying ads. Not too many now since the X10 doesn't have Flash, but for the future this might be useful.

This is what I used:

- a rooted X10 (i used Universal Androot + Superuser Permission)
    - computer with text editor
    - Android app "File Manager"
    - Android app "Root Explorer" (it's not free, maybe there's a free alternative?)

On your phone (not the SD Card) there is a file called hosts, this is the path: /system/etc/hosts

Using a file manager, make a copy of this file and paste it in your SD Card. Then, get the file on your computer and edit it with notepad or any text (as in .txt) editor.

This is what should be in the file:

127.0.0.1 localhost

and nothing else.

Now let's say you want to block adbrite.com, just add this under the first line:

127.0.0.1 adbrite.com

and repeat with whatever website you want to block. Some websites you'll have to block with and without "www".

When you're finished, copy the hosts file back to the SD card.

Using Root Explorer, copy it and paste it in its original folder - you might have to click on "Mount R/W". If you're afraid, just change the name of the original file if you want a backup, but it should not be necessary.

Once it's been copied, the website is now blocked! You can add as many websites as you want!
  10. green21

green21 New Member

hi guys.. i just bought my xperia x10 mini pro. im glad that there's a forum about this lovely phone..

i just wanted to ask about the HTC keyboard. if i download it, could i install it right away? i bought the my phone here in the middle east so sadly, i don't have android market. :(
  11. KingDong

You don't need android market to download, just put it on your phone and you can install straight from your SD card.
  12. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

As King Kong said just follow the instructions, you can use Bluetooth or USB to transfer the file, it's really easy.

By the way, there is a forum specifically for X10 Mini Pro, you might have better answers to your questions there (not that we don't want you here!).

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro - Android Forums

Welcome to the growing Android family!
  13. KingDong

It's King Dong not King Kong :(
  14. rosered

:D:D:D:

Don't diss the Dong!
  15. Useful widget:

3G Watchdog

If your carrier doesn't have an app to show your account status (or if said app doesn't display data usage,) this is a must have.

You can set it up to alert you when you've reached a certain percentage of data usage within the month, custom set when your billing period starts, and you can set how much data your plan covers.

The widget comes in two sizes, 1x1 and 2x2
    devizes18193 likes this.
  16. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

hahahaha :D Some very useful advice :D
  17. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Download 'Battery Boost' from the market, it's free and makes your battery last alot longer
  18. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Some people do not know how to send someone in their phonebook a message when composing a message.

To do this, instead of typing a number into the 'To' section, just start typing their name and it should appear underneath, then just click the name of the person you want to send it to :)
  19. KingDong

Ill test out this app and see if it works.
  20. KingDong

Sorry for the inactive update for this, but I'll defiantly be updating this tomorrow!
  21. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Is that a direct quote from the ladies or just a USP ??
  22. rosered

dgiaffe, KingDong and slugpace like this.
  23. KingDong

24. rosered

25. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

When are you updating?