[Theme] Android meets Ubuntu

Last Updated:

1. necromancerr

necromancerr New Member This Topic's Starter

Here is a theme i created.
    Requirements
    Rooted phone with jf 1.31 hard spl or dev bootloader for backup (just incase (theme will work fine without them)

Instructions
    Download the file via
    http://rapidshare.com/files/181997251/Android_Meets_Ubuntu.zip

rename it to update.zip
    copy it in your root dir of sd card.
    reboot in recovery mode
    hit alt+s to update.

any suggestion and questions will be answered in this forum.

There will be an update this weekend. so watch out.

Note- if you dont like my boot screen and my font then follow the above instruction for following file
    http://rapidshare.com/files/182152084/Android_Meets_Ubuntu_-_Default_Bootscreen_and_fonts.zip
    this is for rc30 only

i will not be responsible if the theme bricks your phone. I am pretty sure it wont tho, if anything happens, pm me and i'll help.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

Very Nice..
    I'm sure that took quite a bit of work. I really like the look kubuntu, any chance you might build a theme that looks like that?
    On another note I can't get banshee to recognize my g1. Got any tips?

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? This is the first thread I have seen with a "real" theme. I understand you need to jailbreak-y your G1 to make it happen with root. I haven't.

But obviously it can be done...so do you think we should expect to see this anytime soon for regular joes?

4. happyface_0

happyface_0 Active Member

Is this for ADP1 or G1 modified firmware?
    EDIT: Doesn't boot for ADP1, so this theme is for G1 firmware.

5. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

I've seen two other themes on other sites (xda), but this looks like more work went in to it (i.e. the clock has been redesigned). I haven't rooted my phone either and with cupcake apparently right around the corner I can't say I'm going to do.
    If I root my phone now I'll have to update manually and hope everything goes the way it should at which point I doubt very much I'll have root anymore. Or I can wait until someone figures out how update to rc31 and keep root but I know I won't be able to wait.
    It's taking a risk but I'll wait until I can downgrade from rc31 and then upgrade to a modded rc31.
    The only other thing is that it looks like multi touch is really coming along and I really don't think that t-mobile/htc is ever going to release an official update for multi touch on the g1. Hope I'm making the right play.

Here is some supposedly "inside" info on cupcake:
    http://www.googleandblog.com/android-g1-updates-of-mass-cupcakes/3632/

6. rabidmidget

rabidmidget Member

i wonder when someone will create a summerboard-like app for the market, that will really increase the number of themes

7. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member

I like the theame just not the color. good work and thank you

8. soda

soda Active Member

well its not for me, but good work. not too many people making themes out there. =] glad your doing it and it looks great, im just not into the "comic sans" looking fonts and the more curvy designs. i like linear, futuristic, techy, etc. But nice job!:eek: