• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] BigDXSerenity * Froyo2.2 Custom Theme Experience * 8 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM!! *

Downloading it now. Why.. red, of course. ;)

hMM.... OK.. I installed it.. wait.. now. I made another mistake. I reinstlled RubiX by mistake? Sigh. Oh well.. wrong file.. hahah.. back to the drawing board! ;)

Edit: Very, very nice. :D Cudos to the Dev. It's red. Very red. ;) I like red. :)

The modded Fancy Widget is way hot!

OK.. the modded LP is way hotter! OMG!

Upvote 0
Yup! I truly love this congratulate the Dev on a fun theme! I've installed the modded apps, and they're great! I own LPP, uninstalled it and reinstalled the one modded. Very nice. I'm putting LPP homescreens back to what I am used to now.

The only question I have is this. I do own widgetlocker. I've unzipped the files but don't quite understand quite how to get the icons to work with my widgetlocker app. If I could get more specific directions, I'd appreciate it! :D Thanks!

Steven

Upvote 0
Yup! I truly love this congratulate the Dev on a fun theme! I've installed the modded apps, and they're great! I own LPP, uninstalled it and reinstalled the one modded. Very nice. I'm putting LPP homescreens back to what I am used to now.

The only question I have is this. I do own widgetlocker. I've unzipped the files but don't quite understand quite how to get the icons to work with my widgetlocker app. If I could get more specific directions, I'd appreciate it! :D Thanks!

Steven

I followed the directions that are on the xda forum for this theme a few weeks ago to do widgetlocker and it worked fine. I need to redo it tomorrow. hit me up on Google talk tomorrow and I'll try to help you through it. my Google talk name is the same as my user name on here.

Upvote 0

Steven

All you have to do is execute the run.bat file in the zip

If you get any adb or java errors, it means you need to setup the paths in environment variables, which is a good idea for anybody modding their phone.

Heres a couple links
Howto: Install the Android SDK - CyanogenMod Wiki
xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEME] BigDXSerenity ☢ 65 Packages/3500 Images ☢ 8 COLORS TO CHOOSE ☢ Froyo 2.2.* ☢

Upvote 0
I just applied my Blue theme to WidgetLocker, it was so easy this time. Much better than when those packages were first released and had to apply all the themed items and sign the apk etc.

Thanks again for the awesome work and for simplifying this process for WidgetLocker!

Yea, we realized this and decided it would be best to stick with this method for paid apps, now to get everybody up to speed on installing the sdk/java and putting the paths in environment variables :eek:

Thanks, and glad you're enjoying the theme.

Upvote 0
snap20101003021635.png

Is that BW? I prefer it over FW and am looking forward to having it match the theme. Right now I am using a blue skin, but it doesn't quite match the theme.

Upvote 0
Its installed with the latest version of the theme, go into BW settings -> clock skins, weather skins and it should be in the list of installed.

Awesome, just applied it and it looks great.

BTW, down the road if you are looking for another app to theme Vonage for Facebook would make a god one, I love the VOIP feature to call anyone on FB with a smart phone for free.

Upvote 0
I just applied my Blue theme to WidgetLocker, it was so easy this time. Much better than when those packages were first released and had to apply all the themed items and sign the apk etc.

Thanks again for the awesome work and for simplifying this process for WidgetLocker!

Chris: Thanks for this. This is what I'm looking for. So, I take the graphic files and just place them in the widget locker folder or something? TIA.

Upvote 0
Chris: Thanks for this. This is what I'm looking for. So, I take the graphic files and just place them in the widget locker folder or something? TIA.

That is what we had to do before. Now it is so much easier. From the OP:

Code:
Download and unzip skin file
Connect phone to pc in Windows Media Sync Mode
Execute the Run.bat file in the skin folder
It should pull the app from your phone, modify, resign, and upload it back to your phone.
*Note* Must have Android sdk installed to run adb commands in Run.bat

This worked great, the first time I ran it I did get an error about missing adb commands, all I had to do was copy my adb files into c:\windows\system32 then it worked perfect.

When you do this it does all the work for you. You don't have to worry about unzipping an apk, copying files, signing the new apk, etc. Did that before and this new method makes it so much easier.

Upvote 0
The LauncherPro update you were waiting on was just released a while ago if you didn't know already, just wanted to give you a heads up. I am not going to update until you theme it this time.

Also have you thought about theming Dolphin Browser HD? I use the add on themes but they don't quite match your colors. And I know you have done handcent, but I was having problems with that so I switched to Chomp, do you have that planned anytime to theme just the menu would be enough.

You guys have done so much awesome work so far on this theme I kinda feel bad asking you to do more apps, I love everything you have done so far!!!

Upvote 0
The LauncherPro update you were waiting on was just released a while ago if you didn't know already, just wanted to give you a heads up. I am not going to update until you theme it this time.

Also have you thought about theming Dolphin Browser HD? I use the add on themes but they don't quite match your colors. And I know you have done handcent, but I was having problems with that so I switched to Chomp, do you have that planned anytime to theme just the menu would be enough.

You guys have done so much awesome work so far on this theme I kinda feel bad asking you to do more apps, I love everything you have done so far!!!

Yep, I heard about LP, will probably start on that today but don't know how or when we will release it. Chompsms and Dolphin are already on the list ;)
Check the updated posts on xda, we added a requested apps list to the second post.

Upvote 0
Yep, I heard about LP, will probably start on that today but don't know how or when we will release it. Chompsms and Dolphin are already on the list ;)
Check the updated posts on xda, we added a requested apps list to the second post.

Hi Elecga,

Thank you for your help this far. I have not been able to execute your the things you told me, as I've been busy with my daughter who just flew back to college this morning. I will though.

I have a question for you. In order for me to get the new themed programs (I use LPP and Dolphin), do I need to reinstall the large theme program or is there an update zip?) TIA!

Steven

Upvote 0
Hi Elecga,

Thank you for your help this far. I have not been able to execute your the things you told me, as I've been busy with my daughter who just flew back to college this morning. I will though.

I have a question for you. In order for me to get the new themed programs (I use LPP and Dolphin), do I need to reinstall the large theme program or is there an update zip?) TIA!

Steven

Neither are ready yet. Starting on the new LP tonight and DolphinHD is on a growing todo list, check the updated posts on the first page ;)

We haven't decided on how or when we will be releasing the next update but it shouldn't be too long.

Upvote 0
I am switching to Apex ROM today to get rid of BLUR. I love this theme but I don't want to reinstall the BLUR apps when I apply this theme. Is there anyway to apply the theme without installing the BLUR apps that have been themed?

You should be able to browse the zip using winrar or 7zip and delete the blur apks in /system/app/

Update was posted yesterday with updated market apps and some of the bloat removed.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones