• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for ApeX 2.0 RC2 GB

I found 1 thing that isn't a big issue but when adding accounts the spot where you type in your user name/email address its white text on a white background.

I kinda liked the apex boot animation, anyone know where to find that again?

I'm not sure if that's an ApeX issue or BWC issue as I never tried to add an account while on stock ApeX........actually, I didn't try it on BWC either :D

You can extract the ApeX boot animation from the ApeX Rom zip file.

Upvote 0
How would you make it into a flashable zip to add it to your phone? I haven't gotten that far into the guts of these things and don't have a lot of Linux experience.

I will make one for you. I don't want to post it on here as I didn't ask Fabolous if it was alright; I don't want people downloading it. Since you are on ApeX, it will be ok. I will pm it to you.

Also I fixed the white text when creating an account. I will post the fix in the first post a little bit later on.

Upvote 0
dude how did u change the clock font n color a tiny bit????? please reply i need to know ive been trying to change my clock color for no joke 4 months now im on apex 2.0 rc2

If I remember correctly it's in styles.xml of framework-res.apk. You have to look for references to "statusbar", one of them is for the clock; I don't remember which one off the top of my head. Just make the edit and you can change the color to whatever color you want.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly it's in styles.xml of framework-res.apk. You have to look for references to "statusbar", one of them is for the clock; I don't remember which one off the top of my head. Just make the edit and you can change the color to whatever color you want.

i always have trouble recompiling the apk after making the changes... the files i make the changes to end up not sticking... and if i recall in order to access what you need to access to change clock color, u need to decompile it instead of unziping or extracting it... the problem lies in putting it back together with the changed file... no matter what i try i cant get it man :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones