[THEME] Black, White, and Chrome for GB v4.5.596 UPDATED 6/13/11

1. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I finally got some time to port BWC to v4.5.596; it was more extensive this time, a lot more apks were inverted this time. Apks like Social Messaging, Stock Texting, File Manager, Email, Universal Inbox, etc.

It's been working good so far with no issues that I have noticed. If you guys catch anything that I missed, please let me know so I can get on it and correct it; there are a couple of issues that might not be caught by you guys, but I know where they are, and I will fix them in the coming days.

You guys know the usual disclaimers about "you" being responsible for your own phone, etc.

MUST READ before installing:

1. Make sure you are deodexed before installing, otherwise you will be in "force close heaven" :p

2. Check to see if your Market has been updated to v2.3.6. Go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications, select the "All" tab and scroll to the market. Select "Market", and if it shows you are on v2.3.6, uninstall the update before proceeding to install the theme, otherwise your market will force close and will only be fixed by flashing your backup.

You might want to freeze/rename your MarketUpdater.apk so your Market won't update after uninstalling the update, or so it won't update your newly installed themed Market later on when a Market update is released, unless you want it to update :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 6/13/11
    Theme Download Link v4.5.596 v2.3
    :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0aaa4wcgupayl5g

MD5 Checksum: fc402f12274c2bd7152beaac1ba36449

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deodexer for v4.5.596
    GB_2.3.3_4.5.596_Deodexer.zip

MD5 Checksum: 7d5300e79fdb97f8007d41a15b791a6c

Whenever you have issues like boot loopingthis, or FC, etc., apply the deodexer through CWR, reboot, wait 3-5 minutes to boot into OS, then apply the theme......this applies for any theme.

Get back into CWR by doing battery pulls until you boot into CWR.

Disable Slide Unlock when Pattern Unlock enabled
    This theme has it.

Mod to remove/add clock from status bar:

Remove Clock
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aygnjas22xhog6h

Add clock
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iom2agb6d33281x

Home Screen 270 degree Rotation:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?c4yognmutdutldc

Market
    (by me):
    Has the latest market v2.3.6, themed Black Market.

Settings Menu and Stock Dialer and many more
    (by me):
    Have been inverted to black, no longer the light colored background.

AppWidgetPicker:
    Included to clean-up/group your widgets menu.

TV/CRT Animation:

This theme has the mod :D

Data Throttle:
    Removed data throttle

Dialer One (modded to match BWC):
    It comes with the most recent v1.3.3.

Pandora v1.5.8 (modded for BWC)

Note:
    When you first install BWC Dialer One it will not match the BWC theme, it will be a gray color. To make it match the BWC theme, do the following:

When in the app, go to Menu>Settings>General settings>Application theme and select the "Black" option, and that will do it :D

Dock Icons:
    If you want the dock icons I am using, search "Tallmin icons" on Google and you will find them very easily.

BWC folder installed on SD Card has:

- "Addon" folder that contains addons such as, BWC Dialer One, Modded Pandora.
    - Dock backgrounds for Replacement Home apps and some wallpapers.

** Expect a long boot up after applying (3-5 mins) **

Follow these links for more info. and screenshots:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/334800-theme-black-white-chrome-gb-v4-5-595-a.html

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for GB v4.5.591

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Gingerbread 2.3.3.4.5.588 Latest Leak

[Theme] Black, White, Chrome for Leaked Gingerbread 2.3.3

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for ApeX 1.4.0

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Liberty 1.5

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Liberty 1.0

Black, White, and Chrome for GummyJAR 2.5

Black, White, and Chrome for Fission 2.4.2

collection of ported themes for fission 2.5.7

Advertisement
    :
  2. bouchigo

Some screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    emaN resU likes this.
  3. bouchigo

More screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    emaN resU likes this.
  4. Raptor912

Raptor912 Well-Known Member

Nice Work, as always!
    bouchigo likes this.
  5. bouchigo

I was going to put up some pics for you guys, but I will do it tomorrow because I'm tired now, so I think I am done for today :D:D:D
    Greavous and droblyer like this.
  6. droblyer

droblyer Well-Known Member

Been waiting on this so I can try .596! Thanks!
    bouchigo likes this.
  7. jh_husker

jh_husker Well-Known Member

Installed and looks great. Thanks.
    bouchigo likes this.
  8. bouchigo

I already fixed a couple things that I caught right away......the popup when making a contact shortcut, and the background for the music widget; it was bothering me because the top part of the background didn't match right.
  9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

you rock!!!!

Another request, can ya make the 3G and signal bars blue? I though it matched up better all 3 being blue.
  10. xmike

xmike Well-Known Member

Bo, You really are THE MAN!!! Thank you for all you do.
  11. ufjay5

ufjay5 Member

Will this work on Liberty v6?
  12. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Your awesome as always :)
    Please know that WE do so appreciate your efforts in doing this !!!!

Going to give this a try later today when i get up my courage (lol).

I have P3's deodexed/rooted 596 zip downloaded and your new 596 BWC zip downloaded. As i read things, i just flash P3's over 595 and then flash your theme over that? No wiping involved? BTW...........i will make my backup :)
  13. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

w00t! As always,,, thank you!
    bouchigo likes this.
  14. bouchigo

I would, but I like the chrome look better :D
  15. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Nice work as usual Bo..........
  16. Raptor912

Raptor912 Well-Known Member

So Bo...when are you going to release your own ROM? :D

With your attention to detail, I bet you could cook up one mean and nasty SOB of a ROM
  17. bouchigo

I'm still not convinced that a ROM is necessary for GB. Plus, we've already got ApeX, GummyJar, and Liberty, plus a few others soon to be out.

UPDATED
    reserved posts with some screenshots.
  18. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

could ya make me a zip to make those 2 blue two? plz sir ;)
  19. bouchigo

PlayfulGod likes this.
  20. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i still think you should make a rom, there can never be too many roms, just remember that bo, :) you could call it VoidedSaint is the man for making me do this!!
  21. bouchigo

Yeah, I'll call it the "VS Special" :p;):D
  22. Chemist Errant

Chemist Errant Active Member

Thanks!

Man, you are quick.
  23. ufjay5

ufjay5 Member

Will this work for liberty v6?
  24. bouchigo

I don't know, I haven't used Liberty in a very long time (not at all for GB).

Make a backup of your setup and try it, you'll find out ;)
  25. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member