• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Gingerbread 2.3.3.4.5.588 Latest Leak

Thanks so much for the awesome work! How can I buy you a beer? Quick question: I installed your deodexed zip earlier and it works just fine. But, I wanted to use the pulldown editor p3droid recently put out and apparently you have to use his deodexed file for it to work. Can I just flash his zip over this one of yours, or do I have to nandroid back, flash his, and then your BWC theme? Also, you were saying there were problems with others deodexed file. Have you had a chance to look at p3's newest one, and if so, would you use it or is there still bugs? Or, even better could you make the pulldown editor thing work with your files? I just like your work...never had a problem.

If you want P3Droid's "Easter Egg", which is the Pulldown Text Editor, then you'll have to use his Deodex file. I've read that it's causing some people issues.....I'm not going to "knowingly" add something that may cause issues to my deodex file. Plus, if I take something like that and incorporate it into my work (assuming I could :p), it may cause other issues like being accused of stealing other's work, I don't want to deal with that ;)

I haven't looked at his latest deodex file either, reason being I had already made one ;)

Upvote 0
This look pretty dog on good. Thanks for bringing new life to GB.

EDIT: There it's only one issue I have, it's hard to read test on some input screens. The one in the screen shot is from the market.

Attachments

• CAP201104190806.jpg
    CAP201104190806.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: bouchigo
Upvote 0
This look pretty dog on good. Thanks for bringing new life to GB.

EDIT: There it's only one issue I have, it's hard to read test on some input screens. The one in the screen shot is from the market.

I'll look into that; what other screens is it hard to read text on?

I love the look of this theme. Only problem I've found so far is that I'm getting constant FC's in Swype when it's my input method. I've tried Closing & Deleting Data on the app to no avail.

I definitely prefer Swype over the other keyboards. I'm going to try re-applying the theme and see what happens.

I have no issues with swype at all; I prefer it over multitouch too.

Upvote 0
Is this what the gmail/email notification is supposed to be with this theme?

The reason I ask is that no matter what I change it to in framework or gmail using Ninjamorph, it NEVER changes! Ugh.

PS. Really like the theme of course!

Yeah, that's what it looks like for Gmail, I didn't bother changing it; I would think it's in the Gmail.apk.

I use Touchdown.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what it looks like for Gmail, I didn't bother changing it; I would think it's in the Gmail.apk.

I use Touchdown.

Yeah, it's in the gmail.apk but for the love of all that's holy I can't get it to change. Only one I can't get to change. It most certainly has to be user error, but I've done it so many times before.

Thanks again for the port!

Upvote 0
Been using this theme for a couple days now and have noticed one thing. In settings when changing volume levels the text in the pop up is black on black. Other than that looks very good. Great work especially getting rid of the white on menu screens. I second the chrome battery too.

I hadn't even noticed that, probably because I don't use it. I use QuickSettings, it's much better.

It's probably more like a dark gray or something, if it was black, you wouldn't be able to see it at all.

EDIT:
I'm not very good with photoshop/paint.net, etc. Maybe someone who is good with it can create a chromed out battery icon set.

Upvote 0
That didnt work.

Attachments

• stat_sys_battery_40.png
    stat_sys_battery_40.png
    363 bytes · Views: 282
  • stat_sys_battery_70.png
    stat_sys_battery_70.png
    367 bytes · Views: 277
  • stat_sys_battery_60.png
    stat_sys_battery_60.png
    394 bytes · Views: 293
  • stat_sys_battery_50.png
    stat_sys_battery_50.png
    384 bytes · Views: 278
  • stat_sys_battery_30.png
    stat_sys_battery_30.png
    391 bytes · Views: 281
  • stat_sys_battery_20.png
    stat_sys_battery_20.png
    383 bytes · Views: 274
  • stat_sys_battery_15.png
    stat_sys_battery_15.png
    325 bytes · Views: 270
  • stat_sys_battery_10.png
    stat_sys_battery_10.png
    314 bytes · Views: 273
  • stat_sys_battery_5.png
    stat_sys_battery_5.png
    305 bytes · Views: 270
  • stat_sys_battery_0.png
    stat_sys_battery_0.png
    298 bytes · Views: 285
  • stat_sys_battery_100.png
    stat_sys_battery_100.png
    3 KB · Views: 279
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim5.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim5.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 281
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim4.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim4.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 279
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim3.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim3.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 278
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim2.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim2.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 280
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim1.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim1.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 287
  • stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 302
  • stat_sys_battery_90.png
    stat_sys_battery_90.png
    395 bytes · Views: 281
  • stat_sys_battery_80.png
    stat_sys_battery_80.png
    390 bytes · Views: 281
  • spinner_black_16.png
    spinner_black_16.png
    805 bytes · Views: 270
  • spinner_black_20.png
    spinner_black_20.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 295
  • spinner_black_48.png
    spinner_black_48.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 269
  • spinner_black_76.png
    spinner_black_76.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 59
  • spinner_white_16.png
    spinner_white_16.png
    805 bytes · Views: 284
  • spinner_white_48.png
    spinner_white_48.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 283
  • spinner_white_76.png
    spinner_white_76.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0
I love BWC and have used it on Apex, Liberty etc. I was glad to see it come to GB. I am having an issue with it though. I cannot get the market to work. I have deodexed and redeodex to make sure that it worked using bouchigo's deodex file. I uninstalled the update to the market. I am able install and get BWC on my phone in good working order. I can open the black market app. But as soon as my finger touches the market, it force closes. I reopen it and the same thing happens. I have wiped cache, data, delvik cache and same result. I flashed back tried again with the same result. I really want BWC on my phone. Any suggestions??

Upvote 0
I love BWC and have used it on Apex, Liberty etc. I was glad to see it come to GB. I am having an issue with it though. I cannot get the market to work. I have deodexed and redeodex to make sure that it worked using bouchigo's deodex file. I uninstalled the update to the market. I am able install and get BWC on my phone in good working order. I can open the black market app. But as soon as my finger touches the market, it force closes. I reopen it and the same thing happens. I have wiped cache, data, delvik cache and same result. I flashed back tried again with the same result. I really want BWC on my phone. Any suggestions??

Follow the directions in "RED" in the first post and you should be good; especially the last part of Step 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones