• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for RubiX 2.0.X

bouchigo

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Stockton, CA
I ported BWC for RubiX 2.0.X since I was tempted to try it out :D

It's been working good so far with no issues that I have noticed. If you guys catch anything that I missed, please let me know so I can get on it and correct it.

You guys know the usual disclaimers about "you" being responsible for your own phone, etc.

Theme Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rp201y1txx1uijv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data Throttle:
Data throttle has been removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dialer One (modded to match BWC):
It comes with the most recent v1.2.7.6.

Note:
When you first install BWC Dialer One it will not match the BWC theme, it will be a gray color. To make it match the BWC theme, do the following:

When in the app, go to Menu>Settings>General settings>Application theme and select the "Black" option, and that will do it :D

Black Market:
Comes with the latest v2.3.4 pre-installed.

Dock Icons:
If you want the dock icons I am using, search "Tallmin icons" on Google and you will find them very easily.

BWC folder installed on SD Card has:

- "Addon" folder that contains addons such as, BWC Dialer One, Modded Pandora, and Modded Launcher Pro for those who you use it (I'm using Go Launcher EX now).
- Dock backgrounds for Replacement Home apps and some wallpapers

Note: If you already have Launcher Pro installed, remove it before installing the modded Launcher Pro.

** Expect a long boot up after applying (3-5 mins) **

Follow these links for more info. and screenshots:

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for ApeX 1.4.0

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Liberty 1.5

[Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Liberty 1.0

Black, White, and Chrome for GummyJAR 2.5

Black, White, and Chrome for Fission 2.4.2

collection of ported themes for fission 2.5.7

Some screenshots:

snap20110318_084844.png

snap20110318_084800.png

snap20110318_083757.png

4-9.png

snap20110317_195554.png

Reactions: Thats
Couldn't find it. Oh well.
New and much more important request: Widgetlocker theme? It'd be smexy!

I guess it was BIG CAT 7 that asked, but Raptor said he was going to try it out too :D

Here it is:

It's not too difficult, just take the theme, or if you used a zip to mod your battery or to get the no throttle mod and extract the framework-res.apk from it.

Basically do this:

1. Navigate to res/xml/, find eri.xml and extract it to your desktop. You can either close the open archive of framework-res.apk or close it and just open it back up later when you have to put the modded eri.xml back.
2. Right click eri.xml on desktop open it with HxD or any hex editor you prefer.
3. Look on the right side of the screen where all the text is and find "Verizon Wireless"
4. Highlight "Verizon wireless" (the whole text line)
5. While it's highlighted, type your new text in it's place (16 letters max.; if you have less than 16 characters in mind, use spaces until you have fulfilled the 16 character limit, meaning you have to reach the ...)
6. Now all you do is save your modded eri.xml and drag it back into the framework-res.apk archive.
7. You may now close the framework-res.apk archive.
8. Put the modded framework-res.apk back where you extracted it from, be it the theme you are using or the zip mod you took it from.
9. Now simply flash the theme or zip mod back to your phone through bootstrap.
10. That's it, you are done. All you do now is simply wait for the phone to boot up and enjoy your new text.

Upvote 0
More ++++ For this ROM + This theme. It Looks AMAZING when you get a phone call or anything like that. I actually missed a phone call going "Wow that is a dang good looking phone..."

Faber - Is that a special program to actually get inside the .apk?
nah, its just 7zip.
like a program you use to zip up files with.
google 7zip and download it....throw your theme on your desk top and follow directions written in the pics....its gravy....

Upvote 0
Loved the BWC theme on ApeX.. Glad to see a port on RubiX.

One thing I noticed.. Notification Icons behind the notification text.

On the ApeX version I recall they were also a round chromed look. I'm sorry I don't have a pic. I got it here but the screenshot doesn't show the notification bar icons.

Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Not a biggie, but I thought it looked cool so thought I'd bring it up.

Come to think of it.. Am I totally mistaken and I'm thinking of Mysterious Beast possibly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones