Theme Chooser help!

1. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

I finally installed hash tags Theme Chooser apk but when I install the ics theme and reboot everything looks the same, all it does is put 2 apk files in the root of the internal SD card.
    One is
    ics-framework-res.apk
    And
    Ics-System-UI.apk
    And when I try to install them it says "failed to install" so what do i do?

Advertisement
  2. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Did the same to me. The IcsSystemUi.apk needs to be renamed too SystemUi.apk and move it to /system/app and it will overwrite the other one. You will get force closes, so pull the battery then and turn it on. The other one will be renamed to framework-res.apk and moved to /system/framework/ and then reboot again via battery pull. (Only if it force closes.) That's exactly what I had to do and it worked fine after doing those steps. :] Those need to be renamed EXACTLY as I described, they are case sensitive. framework-res.apk has no capitals. SystemUi.apk has the S and the U capitalized. If it doesn't prompt you to overwrite something else you're either putting them somewhere else or they are renamed wrong. Rename them before putting them in where they need to go. And always make a CWM backup before doing this! Good luck!
    BIONICLE38 likes this.
  3. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

Try reinstalling and rebooting. If that doesn't work you can move the apk's to the correct folder.

- make sure you have a recent cwm backup of your current ROM.
    - rename the files to framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
    - in your file explorer make /system writable
    - move the systemui to /system/app and overwrite the original
    - move framework to /system/framework and overwrite again
    - reboot

If it doesn't work manually boot to cwm and restore /system

Hatred beat me to it, lol. SystemUI.apk has a capital S,U, and I though.
    BIONICLE38 likes this.
  4. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

Thanks to the both of you!!:) That was alot simpler than i thought lol.
    But im curious, can i uninstall the theme chooser apk or does it have to stay? no biggie if it does..
  5. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Yes you can delete it. :] And if you only copied the framework and systemui apps to those directories you can delete the ones on your SDCard if you'd like. They don't need to be on your sdcard haha.
    BIONICLE38 likes this.