• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Theme for Swype

I find Megaupload load confusing and frustrating. I wish they would make it more straightforward but I suppose their aim is to get you to click on the various other ads and downloads by mistake. You have to put in the captcha and then wait 45 seconds before you can download (unless you have the premium version).

I have read some threads about swype messing up the pinch to zoom in the browser. It is not working for me but it seems it worked when i was using the regular swype lite. i thought it worked in my gallery also but it's not now. I really like jxnryx's version of swype but this would be a deal breaker for me. Is it just his version or all versions of swype that are causing this glitch?

Upvote 0
I find Megaupload load confusing and frustrating. I wish they would make it more straightforward but I suppose their aim is to get you to click on the various other ads and downloads by mistake. You have to put in the captcha and then wait 45 seconds before you can download (unless you have the premium version).

I have read some threads about swype messing up the pinch to zoom in the browser. It is not working for me but it seems it worked when i was using the regular swype lite. i thought it worked in my gallery also but it's not now. I really like jxnryx's version of swype but this would be a deal breaker for me. Is it just his version or all versions of swype that are causing this glitch?

according to a friend of mine it just cetain versions now i dont believe and correct me if im wrong that jxnryx's versions have that glitch but then to i didnt download his version... yet sorry jxnryx..

Upvote 0

i just checked and swype is working for me in both the browser and gallery. Pinch to zoom in my browser is working as well. I haven't had any issues yet. I'm not sure why you would have any. Sorry

Just an update for requests, right now I'm working on PINK, PURPLE, and BLACK. These do take some time so I will do my best to get them finished asap. Thanks for any donations!

I'm also testing out changing the color of the swype trail. So hang in there with me and keep checkin back for updates. Thanks

Upvote 0
i just checked and swype is working for me in both the browser and gallery. Pinch to zoom in my browser is working as well. I haven't had any issues yet. I'm not sure why you would have any. Sorry

I read on another thread a suggestion by Sed to reboot the phone and p2z should work again. Sure enough, I did that and it is back. Seems to be intermittent and random. One of those things i guess, if something stops working, reboot and that usually takes care of it. I just hope it is often. Thanks for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
requested colors are finished and ready to be DL'd

if you experience any issues please let me know, i did install and test every theme out before uploading

:D

Thanks for doing this. Is there a reason why you chose to not use White for the font on the black keyboard? The grey is a little hard to read. I hope you don't get upset. I think these are amazing!

I think white font for the main letters and then a lighter grey for the secondary numbers would be awesome. Or how about lime green for the letters? Hmm. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for doing this. Is there a reason why you chose to not use White for the font on the black keyboard? The grey is a little hard to read. I hope you don't get upset. I think these are amazing!

I think white font for the main letters and then a lighter grey for the secondary numbers would be awesome. Or how about lime green for the letters? Hmm. Thanks!

Yeah, I was hoping for something like the micro black version that I got from the hero boards over at xda. I still have the apk if that would help. I don't know how easy it would be just replace the images, it's the same size just didn't work after swype time bombed

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was hoping for something like the micro black version that I got from the hero boards over at xda. I still have the apk if that would help. I don't know how easy it would be just replace the images, it's the same size just didn't work after swype time bombed

upload the apk and send me the dl link, i'll see what i can do

Reactions: rexscott
Upvote 0
ok just an update for everyone...

i re did the green due to force close issues and will upload new download shortly....
i'm currently working on:
black w/ red
black w/ green
black w/ pink
per requests....

i was also able to change the color of the swype trail to any color, however this requires a bit more work so i'm unsure if i'll be taking request on that, maybe post a how to...not sure cause it's kind of a pain haha

i will keep you posted

Reactions: Randino and ttran97
Upvote 0
updated:

new dl link for green keyboard
added black with green letters
added black with red letters
added black with pink letters

It is a lot of work, so i didn't change all the keyboard colors, just the main ones.

I went ahead and change the swype trail color in the new black keyboards too. You can get an idea of how that looks.

Now i did notice that with each of the new keyboards when you press the help button it does sometimes force close the first couple times, an easy fix is just switch back to the android keyboard and then back to swype. Do this a couple times and that should eliminate the problem. You could always restart your phone too, but that takes longer.

other then that everything looked good when i tested it out on my phone...please feel free to leave feedback, and thanks for all the support

donate in my sig please :D

Reactions: Randino and ttran97
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones