• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Galaxy S for Incredible (CM6 now with other roms coming soon)

Oddity

Apr 29, 2010
Galaxy S Theme for CyanogenMod 6.0.2 and Virtuous Rom 2.6

Updated 9-14-10: Added Virtuous 2.6 Sense version.

Updated 9-3-10: Fixed battery bug and xml color importing for CM 6.0.2 (New link and install instructions located below)

Updated 8-31-10: Added themed dialer.

Hey guys, just finished up a Galaxy S theme that I hope you guys will check out and enjoy. Most of the framework was ported right from the Captivate/Epic 4G system dumps. The CM6 version of this theme includes a few select images from the Droid X (popup boxes and a few other little things). I also included the famous transparent notification window. Enjoy!

The Virtuous 2.6 Rom version is based more on the Samsung Fascinate. The main differences are in the notification bar as you can see in the screen shots below.

!!DISCLAIMER!!- I am in no way responsible for any damage your phone may incur by flashing this theme! While I have tested these themes on CM 6.0.2 and Virtuous 2.6, there is no guarantee it will work with YOUR device. Again, install at your own risk!

To Install for CM 6.0.2 only:

1. Nandroid backup!

2. Download the .zip file found HERE. Extract the contents to a place you will remember.

3. Copy the "galaxySforInc_CM6_0_2.zip" file and the "CMTheme" folder both to the root of your SD Card.

4. Boot into recovery and install the zip from SD card like you would any rom. Do not wipe data or cache!

5. Once installed, reboot the phone.

6. Go to settings>CyanogenMod settings>User interface>Tweaks extras>Select a theme. Choose GalaxyS.

7. Reboot and enjoy your new theme!

To install for Virtuous 2.6:

1. Download the theme .zip HERE.

2. NANDROID BACKUP!

3. Put .zip file on root of SD card.

4. Either
a) Choose "Install ROM from SD Card" in Rom Manager and select the theme from your SD card without wiping data and cache, or...

b) Boot into recovery and install zip from SD card like you would any rom. Do not wipe data or cache!

5. Once installed, reboot the phone (if it doesn't reboot automatically) and enjoy the new theme!

CyanogenMod 6.0.2 Screenies:

cm6_1.jpg

cm6_2.jpg

cm6_3.jpg

Virtuous Rom 2.6 Screenies:

virt_1.jpg

virt_2.jpg

virt_3.jpg

Looks good.
I don't want to be rude, but what is the difference between this one and the other galaxy s theme that was released?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=758836

I ran the one mentioned for a few days, with overall decent results. If you are working on your own, excellent - I have a suggestion... one thing that stood out was the dialer - the bar where the outgoing number was displayed, had the stock green background. Ruined it for me. If you haven't gotten there yet, its one of those items that might really help polish the theme.

Upvote 0
Looks good.
I don't want to be rude, but what is the difference between this one and the other galaxy s theme that was released?
[Theme/Morph] Gala S Theme Beta 0.1 CM6-RC3-Incredible-Port - xda-developers

I ran the one mentioned for a few days, with overall decent results. If you are working on your own, excellent - I have a suggestion... one thing that stood out was the dialer - the bar where the outgoing number was displayed, had the stock green background. Ruined it for me. If you haven't gotten there yet, its one of those items that might really help polish the theme.

Haha wow I never even saw that thread. After looking at that one, they do seem similar. I used a few different images here and there throughout from Droid X and Sense framework. I am still going to theme the dialer, but it won't look exactly like the Galaxy S dialer. I'm not a big fan of the color of the stock Galaxy S dialer buttons.

So while this theme is heavily based off of the galaxy s, there are some unique differences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones