• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Homesick Theme for Velocity 1.0 Beta

MikeW

Jan 26, 2011
Well this is what I've been working on, it is not complete but it is different and I for one like it.

You must unzip it first and flash the zip within.
I included a wallpaper and a few docks with it you can use if you have adw launcher or I believe launcher pro as well.

HomesickThemeFiles.zip

Let me know what yins think about this. It is a work in progress but I figured I'd put it out there so I could get some feedback. Whether you like it or hate it please let me know!

Credit to GRZLA because I used his Ginger Blue theme as a template and basically edited most of the thumbnails. This only works on Velocity 1.0 as far as I know as I do not know much about flashable zips but I know my way around photoshop.

Looks GREAT! i gotta wait to get and root my replacement but i will be giving it a try for sure! very unique!

Theme looks awesome I'm looking foward to trying it....but how do you flash the zip within after you unzip it....

put on root of your sd card reboot into recovery and go to flash zip menue and select the file, may have to turn of signature verification, dont know as i havent done it yet

Upvote 0
I enjoy ADTR (they were just in PGH last Wednesday and Thursday) at Stage AE. I didn't go, but I heard it was pretty good.

I like the fact that someone is actually creating their own theme for Velocity. I'd use, but florescent lime green and a purplish-pink aren't really my colors. I'd do it myself, but I just don't have the time to do it.. :mad:

What the heck is ADR?

ADTR = A Day To Remember.

Upvote 0
I enjoy ADTR (they were just in PGH last Wednesday and Thursday) at Stage AE. I didn't go, but I heard it was pretty good.

I like the fact that someone is actually creating their own theme for Velocity. I'd use, but florescent lime green and a purplish-pink aren't really my colors. I'd do it myself, but I just don't have the time to do it.. :mad:

ADTR = A Day To Remember.

I was actually at the concert on Wednesday and it was GREAT!

And don't get me wrong I know this theme isn't for everyone that is why I'm going to make a dark version later, probably black/blue. I'm also up for suggestions of what colors you guys would like so let me know!

Upvote 0

And don't get me wrong I know this theme isn't for everyone that is why I'm going to make a dark version later, probably black/blue. I'm also up for suggestions of what colors you guys would like so let me know!

a dark black and blue would be great! finally got gave it a try and a bit much hot pink for me but its still dope!

Upvote 0
looks awesome! downloading right now
EDIT: installed and I LOVE IT. keep up the good work :))))) <3
question: are my icons supposed to have colored text like yours and my launcher supposed to look like that? i had launcherpro installed before hand and the only changes i got are the notifications bar and a few other small changes.

Upvote 0
looks awesome! downloading right now
EDIT: installed and I LOVE IT. keep up the good work :))))) <3
question: are my icons supposed to have colored text like yours and my launcher supposed to look like that? i had launcherpro installed before hand and the only changes i got are the notifications bar and a few other small changes.

i cant answer for sure but i think it would only effect the stock launcher in velocity

Upvote 0

My friend went (she's 17 and went with her boyfriend) and got a full beer bottle thrown at her head, had beer spilled all over her and was thrown into a mosh pit. I kinda feel sorry for her, but at the same time... that's the risk you take from going to a concert like that.

And yes, I'll be honest and say this really isn't my type of layout for my phone. I'm a minimalistic kinda guy.. (;

Upvote 0

No I use ADW Launcher Ex and changed the icon text color from that. Also, I included a few dock backgrounds that I believe you can use with launcherpro (correct me if I'm wrong) and ADW. Hope this helps clear any confusion!

Reactions: jeckel
Upvote 0
No I use ADW Launcher Ex and changed the icon text color from that. Also, I included a few dock backgrounds that I believe you can use with launcherpro (correct me if I'm wrong) and ADW. Hope this helps clear any confusion!

ya they do and thanks for clearing that up.
another thing is the lock screen is default when you try unlocking it with keyboard open

Upvote 0
ya they do and thanks for clearing that up.
another thing is the lock screen is default when you try unlocking it with keyboard open

No problem, and thanks for reminding me I did mean to change that! Also I'll be fixing the text field color and I'm going to update the lock screen a bit so I'll be sure to get that when I do.

Reactions: jeckel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones