[Theme] Honeybread for ApeX 1.4 (Updated 3/2/11)

1. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

This theme is still being worked on but its pretty complete so far. I will be updating it as more things are added to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wallpaper
    [​IMG]

Installation:
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone

Download the theme from HERE
    place the .zip onto the root of your sd card
    use Droid X Bootstrapper and boot into recovery
    install .zip from sd card
    choose .zip from sd card
    scroll to Apex-1.4.1_Honeybread_v2 and install it
    reboot phone.

Themed system apks include Settings, Desk Clock and Market (more to come)
    A LOT of images in the system/framework-res.apk have been changed
    the vibrate slider on the lock screen has been made invisible (its still there if you want to use it, I just think the honeycomb lock icon looks better by itself)

Changelog for v2:
    progress bars color have been changed
    fixed the flip-flop 3G icon
    fixed the vibrate slider issue
    added the Honeycomb themed market from XDA
    added the "clunky red number" fix from bouchigo

Extras:
    If you are using launcher pro there are two themed versions that go perfect with this theme
    [​IMG]
    can be downloaded HERE
    And
    [​IMG]
    can be downloaded HERE

credit to Haxzamatic for all his work on the CM7 theme that this originated from and obviously to Fab for all his great work on ApeX
    Also, thanks goes to faber78 and Aggie12 for helping me learn some of the image editing stuff and a BIG thanks to bouchigo for helping me with my questions!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Advertisement
    agi$$$, bobdwtt, Metfanant and 14 others like this.
  2. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Love the name bro!!!!:D
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Honeybread? Explain? ;)
  4. ECFfighter7232

Lol Haxzamatic actually came up with it I believe.
    1 Part HONEYcomb 1 part gingerBREAD = Honeybread
  5. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm, honey bread. This is a sexy theme that I will likely try this weekend. :) Thanks for the hard work.
  6. idle0095

idle0095 Active Member

i like it.
  7. Peg49

Peg49 Member

Looks great, gonna try it out today!
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

doh!
  9. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Don't mean to sound rude, but is it just me, or does the look of Honeycomb just kinda meh to you guys?

Im glad he did this, but I personally would never use it. Just curious if folks actually like this look overall? I prefer the gingerbread green better myself.
  10. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I prefer the blues in honeycomb over the greens from gingerbread.
  11. SnowBose

SnowBose Active Member

i agree, i do love the green look that came with the original ApeX, but man... this blue looks SEXY! ;)

big ups, EC!
  12. Trooper

Thanks for the replies, I was just curious.

I just don't like that shade of blue, or the signal and battery status icons.
  13. ECFfighter7232

Its cool. Everyones allowed an opinion. Some themes out there aren't for me either. Thats why its great to be able to choose what you want.
    Trooper likes this.
  14. Trooper

Totally true man. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same thing right?

Choice = a good thing.

Cheers brother.
    jroc likes this.
  15. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

Awesome job and thanks to everyone involved. This is great! Put the neon honeycomb market from XDA with that and the Honeycomb themed LPP from S23 on XDA, phone is ultra seXi!

EDIT: Screenshot of homescreen was with the built in ADW in Apex.

Attached Files:

16. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

This looks awesome. Hopefully Fab will add it to the tool box. What exactly isn't finished with it yet?
  17. Peg49

Peg49 Member

K, I tried it out and am loving it so far. Only 2 small nitpicks I've noticed.

1. The 3G icon is white when not in use, and then changes to the blue when in use. Dunno if this was intentional or not, but I like stock theme on apex where the icon is green when not in use, and the up and down arrows light up when in use.

2. The progress bars on the browser and others places, along with the check-boxes are still gingerbread green. Other than that, I haven't found any problems. Would love to donate/help if possible.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Some great screens of it in action (used honeycomb lpp over at xda):

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  18. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

I agree. But that may be because I think there's too many blue themes. I'd prefer red or even purple myself; just something different. I do like the lockscreen though. And it's still a nicely done theme.
  19. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Ditto here. Like it so far.
  20. ECFfighter7232

Yeah the 3g icon thing is supposed to be like the. Theory there is to show when data is being used.
    I MAY change it... but im still undecided.
    Yes the progress bar IS on my list to change. The green check boxes were actually different before this theme though. (Atleast most were) I think they may have been orange before? Can't remember off the top of my head (and im in the car stuck in traffic so I can't look for sure right now)
  21. rmrlc

rmrlc Well-Known Member

How do you get the wallpaper? Ever time I flash a theme or rom it's the wallpaper I had.
  22. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

where can I get the default battery icons for the notification bar for honeycomb?
  23. mjd515

mjd515 Well-Known Member

ok i just have to say i love pretty much everything about this just one thing the send button in gtalk is rather small and i was wondering if you changed it or something...i only know of gtalk being like this because i havent really used anything else yet
  24. idle0095

idle0095 Active Member

cultldr what icons you useing?
  25. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

I got the phone, sms and browser from the post by jonathanmsims and the exchange between him and Brav1111

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...-blue-liberty-1-5-apex-1-4-a.html#post2308299

The browser icon I have I just used Paint.net and grabbed the colors from the sms icon and filled it in, that one needs work. The gmail I did the same, I had an older gmail icon and filled in the different colors.