• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] INCredble REVOlution ~~ Based off Manup456's

I know we can't use the Sense clock widget with this theme, but are we supposed to lose the stock clock entirely? I was surprised to find that I could no longer pull it up with the BW widget, and it was crossed out in my Titanium batch list. I'm running Virtuous 3.1, and at the time I noticed the missing clock I had the Rosie removal/themed LP mod installed. Had to revert to unthemed Virtuous as I need my alarm clock!

Upvote 0
wayrad did you try restoring the clock from Titanium? I DO use the Sense clock widget with Virtuous 3.1 and this theme :|
In fact, the theme specifically adds a transparency to the clock that I'm quite fond of.
Yes, I tried a Titanium restore first, but no luck. In the end I restored from a nandroid that I'd made prior to flashing the theme. Perhaps I'll try again some time without using ROM Mgr, as I'm wondering if that could have caused the problem.

Upvote 0
I know we can't use the Sense clock widget with this theme, but are we supposed to lose the stock clock entirely? I was surprised to find that I could no longer pull it up with the BW widget, and it was crossed out in my Titanium batch list. I'm running Virtuous 3.1, and at the time I noticed the missing clock I had the Rosie removal/themed LP mod installed. Had to revert to unthemed Virtuous as I need my alarm clock!

Unfortunately, you lose the clock because you are using the rosie removal and themed LP. When it removes rosie, it removes the HTC Sense widgets, which includes the clock. I haven't tried it, but I believe that if you use LP over the top of sense, (instead of using rosie removal, just install the themed launcher pro) you still have the clock but still cannot use the widgets. As I said, I haven't done this, but I assume that as long as rosie.apk is actually installed, the alarm clock will be there

Reactions: wayrad
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, you lose the clock because you are using the rosie removal and themed LP. When it removes rosie, it removes the HTC Sense widgets, which includes the clock. I haven't tried it, but I believe that if you use LP over the top of sense, (instead of using rosie removal, just install the themed launcher pro) you still have the clock but still cannot use the widgets. As I said, I haven't done this, but I assume that as long as rosie.apk is actually installed, the alarm clock will be there
Makes sense - thanks for the explanation!

While I' m at it... was it normal that pressing app icons caused big red squares to appear? It went back to normal after I flashed the Rosie removal/themed LP, but while it lasted it looked kind of unfinished.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones