• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {Theme}{Port} Matted Blues

In retrospect I should have been a bit more clear about the version I dl'ed, hope it didn't take you too long to figure out. Thanks for the response :D

nah, i just reflashed all 3 on my phone real fast and it showed up pretty quickly ;)

i should have those wallpapers icons up later today as well...as long as i get christmas shopping done quickly

Upvote 0
nitsuj17...

First off...AWESOME THEME. You know, this theme is what finally pushed me over the edge to learn how to flash and upgrade...this theme alone! So, thank you not only for the theme, but also giving me the motivation to pick up DJ05 (love the GPS fix)! :D

Ok, really quick...a few questions for you:

1. How do I get the blue clock icon for WidgetLocker? The default is green, and I don't know how to make this update with your theme'ed icon.

2. I don't have any of the additional options for Reboot, Recovery, or Download. How do I get these to show up? (You have two download links for v4.5, but those are only for DI01.)

3. Is the "Font Pack - Zegoe Light" the same font in your theme, but white? Someone asked about it previously, and you have a screenshot showing white for, say, the "Notifications" drop down, and I would like to have that as well...it's easier to read. And if I don't like this font, can I just re-flash with your original theme and it be replaced?

4. How do I replace the icons for specific apps (like Launcher Pro) but stay updated to the most recent version? Do I uninstall, then install your apk, then update? I want to get as many apps using your theme as possible!

Thanks again for all the hard work! I can't say enough how much I love this theme!! ;)

And now that you've hooked me...I'm going to check out nextang in the near future.

Upvote 0
nitsuj17...

Ok, really quick...a few questions for you:

1. How do I get the blue clock icon for WidgetLocker? The default is green, and I don't know how to make this update with your theme'ed icon.

2. I don't have any of the additional options for Reboot, Recovery, or Download. How do I get these to show up? (You have two download links for v4.5, but those are only for DI01.)

3. Is the "Font Pack - Zegoe Light" the same font in your theme, but white? Someone asked about it previously, and you have a screenshot showing white for, say, the "Notifications" drop down, and I would like to have that as well...it's easier to read. And if I don't like this font, can I just re-flash with your original theme and it be replaced?

4. How do I replace the icons for specific apps (like Launcher Pro) but stay updated to the most recent version? Do I uninstall, then install your apk, then update? I want to get as many apps using your theme as possible!

1. i dont use widget locker in the theme...so anything you see on the lockscreen would be stock glass unlock

2. all the versions for dj05 should have reboot options (i checked them) if theyre not showing up for you....ummm thats strange....what happens when hold the power button?

3. text color in the pulldown is controlled by certain xml files...the font alone cant change color

4. the icons in lpp arent in the theme...you have to long press on an icon in lp to replace ithttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/mattedbluesextras.zip

unzip that to your desktop and then copy it onto your sdcard and you ll have access to the icons.

Thanks for liking the theme :D

Reactions: thephatp
Upvote 0
1. i dont use widget locker in the theme...so anything you see on the lockscreen would be stock glass unlock

D'oh. When I go to Settings > Sound & Display > Unlock screen, the only options I have a "Glass unlock" and "Puzzle unlock". The "Glass unlock" doesn't give the slider lock like shown in your images, but rather just slides what looks like a "glass cover" on the whole screen. If that doesn't make sense, I'll try to get a screenshot and post.

2. all the versions for dj05 should have reboot options (i checked them) if theyre not showing up for you....ummm thats strange....what happens when hold the power button?

When I hold down the power button, I only get the three original options: "Silent mode", "Airplane mode" and "Power off".

Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.DJ05
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build number: SCH-I500.DJ05

Flashed the radio and system/rom from this thread on xda, but I did not flash the voodoo kernel.

Should I look for a different version of DJ05?

3. text color in the pulldown is controlled by certain xml files...the font alone cant change color

Ok, good to know. I might try to modify it and see what happens. I'll look around for a good tutorial on how to modify themes. If you know of one off the top of your head, feel free to share. :)

4. the icons in lpp arent in the theme...you have to long press on an icon in lp to replace ithttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/mattedbluesextras.zip

unzip that to your desktop and then copy it onto your sdcard and you ll have access to the icons.

Ok, so LP was a bad example. The question originated from wanting to understand the purpose of the "App Pack" on the original post to the theme that you linked to above on XDA forums. What does installing those apk's give you? And do updates to those apps mess it up?

Thanks for liking the theme :D
I'll be sharing with EVERYONE I know! :D :eek: :D

Upvote 0
D'oh. When I go to Settings > Sound & Display > Unlock screen, the only options I have a "Glass unlock" and "Puzzle unlock". The "Glass unlock" doesn't give the slider lock like shown in your images, but rather just slides what looks like a "glass cover" on the whole screen. If that doesn't make sense, I'll try to get a screenshot and post.

When I hold down the power button, I only get the three original options: "Silent mode", "Airplane mode" and "Power off".

Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.DJ05
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build number: SCH-I500.DJ05

Flashed the radio and system/rom from this thread on xda, but I did not flash the voodoo kernel.

Should I look for a different version of DJ05?

Ok, good to know. I might try to modify it and see what happens. I'll look around for a good tutorial on how to modify themes. If you know of one off the top of your head, feel free to share. :)

Ok, so LP was a bad example. The question originated from wanting to understand the purpose of the "App Pack" on the original post to the theme that you linked to above on XDA forums. What does installing those apk's give you? And do updates to those apps mess it up?

I'll be sharing with EVERYONE I know! :D :eek: :D

ah...glass unlock isnt showing up because you arent running jts rom id assume...his rom installs it....my early version of dj05 added glass unlock but trim down download size i removed it....i could throw it back in....i think it was edited androidpolicy....i gotta check

the "app pack" isnt flashable...its just a zipped up folder that includes the wallpapers and lp icon pack...just unzip the folders and copy to your sdcard...and install with lp

the reboot options are throwing me for a loop....as they should be automatically installed in the dj05 version...i really dont know......

and a good theme "bible" to start with http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...ns-manuals/3209-how-theme-your-own-droid.html

remember though that touchwiz has 2 frameworks as opposed to just 1 for every other android phone...so somethings change...and its trial and error....thats mainly why im only theming for aosp going forward...as its easier and better to theme for :)

Upvote 0
...because you arent running jts rom id assume...

So, is this rom the one you were talking about? It seems like it has more stuff than the one I flashed, and it removes all the bloatware...so maybe I'll try flashing this one and see how it works out.

the reboot options are throwing me for a loop....as they should be automatically installed in the dj05 version...i really dont know......

I'll try flashing jt's Super Clean v0.9 DJ05 ROM.

and a good theme "bible" to start with how to theme your own droid

remember though that touchwiz has 2 frameworks as opposed to just 1 for every other android phone...so somethings change...and its trial and error....thats mainly why im only theming for aosp going forward...as its easier and better to theme for :)

Thank you for this!

Upvote 0
Flashed with jt's Super Clean DJ05 v0.9 ROM, and things are good! For some reason, I still didn't get all of the reboot options, but I flashed with your MB theme and rebooted, and it showed up. Maybe I needed another reboot or something...don't know. But it's good now! And I get the glass unlock like in the pics you posted.

Thanks for the help!

And BTW, love the nextang theme too!

Reactions: nitsuj17
Upvote 0
Quick update...I got the icon updated in widget locker so I can have the lock fit with the theme.
widgetlocker_blue_icon.png

I also updated the confirmation bar when sliding, but this is the best captured I could get. You get the idea.

widgetlocker_blue_icon_bar1.png

:)

Upvote 0
Quick update...I got the icon updated in widget locker so I can have the lock fit with the theme.
widgetlocker_blue_icon.png

I also updated the confirmation bar when sliding, but this is the best captured I could get. You get the idea.

widgetlocker_blue_icon_bar1.png

:)

Is there a way i can get my Gmail new mail icon to be grey? I had another theme installed which turned the Gmail icon red and when i flashed Matted Blues it stayed the same (i tried installing the back to stock theme but no change). I think they grey matches the theme perfectly.

Upvote 0
Is there a way i can get my Gmail new mail icon to be grey? I had another theme installed which turned the Gmail icon red and when i flashed Matted Blues it stayed the same (i tried installing the back to stock theme but no change). I think they grey matches the theme perfectly.

you can but you d have to pull apart gmail and change its system icon

Upvote 0
Not sure why but the non engraved version with circle batt mod fc's vpnc control panel. The engraved version w/circle bat mod is fine as are all the others. I have consistently replicated the issue. Once I install DJ05 Theme with Circle Battery Mod then launch vpnc, vpnc force closes. I haven't been able to discern what the heck the difference is. The circle batt mod itself? Tried swapping kernels but that doen't appear to be it. Anyone else use vpnc that may have experienced this behavior?
Currently running BlackHole mod 2.4 w/stupidfast 1220 kernel and mattedblues theme with regular battery percentage.
Is the blue batt mod available as a separate install maybe?
Love the theme btw! Thanks for the awesome work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones