[Theme] PORTED Gingerbread Blue from Liberty 1.5 for ApeX 1.4

1. Brav1111

Brav1111 Well-Known Member

This theme is for Apex 1.4.

The main credit for this theme is the Liberty Crew. I believe this theme was created by draya1986. Great overall work guys.

[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

The circle battery mod was created and colored by bhmstuff. Thanks a bunch.

The usual warnings apply:
    Use at your own risk.
    I am not responsible if it hoses your phone.

Now to the goods:

This is a partial port of the Gingerbread Blue from the Liberty 1.5 toolbox. The following apk are modified:

framework-res.apk
    blur-res.apk
    Browser.apk
    Calculator.apk
    DeskClock.apk
    Email.apk
    Gallery3d.apk
    GenieWidget.apk
    Gmail.apk
    GoogleQuickSearch.apk
    Mms.apk
    Settings.apk
    Talk.apk
    VoiceDialer.apk

Install normally:
    Download to SDCard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Install zip from SDCard.

I have two versions, one with the standard bar battery icon and one with a circle battery with % inside:

Bar Battery
    Circle Battery

This is my first port, so I am sure I missed something, let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Brav1111

Screenshots:

Attached Files:

tcanderson2 likes this.
  3. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

Looks great, would you happen to have a set of blue icons for the docks?
  4. Brav1111

I do not, but the apks that were updated should have icons that match.

I thought I have seen some somewhere, but don't recall.
  5. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

Looks awesome.
  6. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing this over to apex! Looks bad ass
  7. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Is there blue phone/dialer icon?

Looms great!
  8. diskovilante

diskovilante Well-Known Member

How big are these file downloads? I want to be sure I DLed the full theme. Thanks!
  9. Padron26

Padron26 Well-Known Member

The bar - 8.7 mb
    The Circle - 8.8 mb
    diskovilante likes this.
  10. Brav1111

The roms use different dialers, but here is the icon:

In hindsight I probably should have updated the phone in apeX a little, oh well.

Attached Files:

dgdave likes this.
  11. SimsDelt

Problem on your lockscreen... the right slider is a different color gray than the other. Another problem, but this will be with all themes, when you install your theme, if you have changed "blur" stuff in the toolbox, all the AOSP stuff comes back after installing this theme.
  12. Brav1111

I just uploaded new versions that fix the lock screen. Just download the files again and flash.
  13. SimsDelt

I changed your sliders (lockscreen) to match the theme a little more. I was gonna mess with BlurPhone.apk to make all that look blue as well. But in apkmanager it said I had to have the framework files installed, and I didn't know how to do that. Also, I noticed inside the browser and when downloading something (in notification bar pulldown) that the status bars are still green. Just giving this a run through. I'm gonna attach the sliders below in case you actually want to use them. They look good. Also gonna attach some blue gingerbread Icons I worked up. They are a little light on the comp, look great on the DX screen though.

Just the round lock .png file goes in drawable-land-hdpi. The other two with the slider's attached go in drawable-hdpi. I can shoot you my framework-res.apk if you want. Its already edited and is running on my phone, as you can see in the screenshots. Hope this all helps out.

Attached Files:

dinofan01 and kishin14 like this.
  14. SimsDelt

Also, figured out if you take out Email.apk, Gallery3d.apk, MMS.apk. You won't mess with anything if people have chosen to use Blur Email/Messaging from the toolbox. Also if they chose to use Moto's gallery instead of the AOSP you won't end up with 2 galleries. Just trying to help.
  15. Brav1111

I actually have a blue slider, but when I put it in, it would not slide accross the screen when you unlocked.

I was going to look into that a little bit more, not sure if I am missing something or what.
  16. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Whenever I reboot my phone, the browser icon always goes back the the gb black/green. Could you post the image of the browser icon?

Thanks!
  17. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Just saw above post.
  18. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

Any other updates coming down or should I download again and flash?

ty for this, love the blue!
  19. Sleek2G

Sleek2G Well-Known Member

I know this is for Apex 1.4 but is there a way to have the circle (blue) battery ported for Liberty 1.5 GB Blue theme?

TIA
  20. Brav1111

Here is the WHOLE Gingerbread Blue theme for Liberty 1.5 with the circle battery.

Just a note this is the gingerbread blue for liberty1.5 created by draya1986 with the gingerbread blue circle icons made by bhmstuff.

This is basically another theme, so if you made some system changes that affected any of the apps involved, you will lose those updates (just an fyi).

Liberty 1.5 GingerBread Blue with Circle Battery (File size 17.1MB)

I have not tested this, so make sure you take a backup first.

Install normally:
    Download to SDCard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Install zip from SDCard.
  21. Brav1111

I currently don't have plans to mess with it for now.
  22. Brav1111

Figured out how to at least change the phone icon, links above updated.

23. DenverCZBob

DenverCZBob Well-Known Member

I noticed that when I get a IM in Talk, the Talk icon in the notification bar is basically just the shape of the normal 'talk' icon, but it's filled in with black or dark grey.
    Anyway for me to get the stock icon back?
    Could this be a result of the new Apex changing that Icon?
    Thanks,
    -bob
  24. ldtush

ldtush Member

Where can i find that sweeeeet wallpaper in jonathanmsims post??? Love it!
  25. SimsDelt

Here you go... I didn't notice your post earlier, or I would have hooked you up earlier...

Attached Files: