• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Red-n-Black theme for Megatron 6.0.0 through 6.1.1

uploadfromtaptalk1348274624550.jpg

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
Version 2.3 will be coming out very soon to fix the power menu issue. Also, I'll try to capture a few of the "hidden" tweaks and add the screenshots. ;)

EDIT: gawd, I wish I'd figured out how to upload the settings file at the get-go...would've saved me from wasting time re-cooking the theme from scratch. :p

Upvote 0
Version 2.3 is now ready :) Included a few extra screenshots. Lemme know what you think :)

EDIT: Oh, before I forget for the hundredth time (and because I forgot to leave myself a "reserved" post for just such things), Many thanks to Chevanlol360 and Mavrikmeercat for their work on Megatron, the creator(s) of UOT kitchen, katracho for his guide on how to use a pic for the system background, Chev (again) for his ICS theme (which I used parts of to theme the phone/contacts/dialer), oamlicar for figuring out the power menu fix, Slayer72 for helping me figure out how to apply the fix, and others who I'm sure I forgot (please forgive the omission...pm me and I'll add your name to the list). Without these folks and their contributions, this theme wouldn't be available right now.

And thank you to those of you who have used my theme and/or given me (positive) feedback. It means a lot to know my work is appreciated, and drives me to create more things for people to enjoy. ;)

Upvote 0
:eek::eek::eek:Last update was in October?!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Hadn't realized it had been so long. Anyway....

Work on Version 2.4 is under way to get this theme compatible with MegaTron 6.1.0 and CTMod 3.75. For those of you who don't know, UOT Kitchen got an update mid- to late-November, and has rendered itself incompatible with our phones now, meaning theming has to be done completely manually for the time being (apparently this is one of the reasons the latest MegaTron update was out a bit later than expected, and also why it's currently only available with ICS theming). The Kitchen's developers seem apathetic to the trouble this causes for a lot of people worldwide (I posted a request for help on their thread over a month ago and still haven't heard anything back), which means I don't have an ETA at the moment on a release (sorry...).

In the mean time, I thought I'd share a few pics of the completely manually-themed battery icons with everyone and get their opinion. :D
stat_sys_battery_0.png
stat_sys_battery_10.png
stat_sys_battery_20.png
stat_sys_battery_30.png
stat_sys_battery_40.png
stat_sys_battery_50.png
stat_sys_battery_60.png
stat_sys_battery_70.png
stat_sys_battery_80.png
stat_sys_battery_90.png
stat_sys_battery_100.png

Upvote 0
I'm not running Megatron but have no problems at all theming the stock rom with UOT. I just made a new theme the other day. Not sure if this helps you any, but UOT does still work with this phone I guess it just depends on the rom.

UOT only has problems with roms with quickpanel installed, i found a fix for the marquee, still making one up for the ultra.

Upvote 0
Some more samples of the theme. Any and all input on which battery set you like better and why would be greatly appreciated. :)

Battery Option #2:
This is what I originally intended the battery to look like (because I wanted the percentage numbers to be in the same text as what I use on the rest of the theme), then thought it might look better (or more manually created, anyway) if I did the numbers by hand instead of using text input.
stat_sys_battery_0.png
stat_sys_battery_10.png
stat_sys_battery_20.png
stat_sys_battery_30.png
stat_sys_battery_40.png
stat_sys_battery_50.png
stat_sys_battery_60.png
stat_sys_battery_70.png
stat_sys_battery_80.png
stat_sys_battery_90.png
stat_sys_battery_100.png

WI-Fi:
Feedback on the wifi bars is welcomed as well, though this is most likely what they will be (unless I come up with something I think looks better).
stat_sys_wifi_signal_0.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_1_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_2_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_3_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_4_fully.png

Reactions: skiptharippa
Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments, everyone. :D However, I guess I need to be a little clearer. Which battery set would you like to see in the theme and why?

We've got this one:

And this one:

As for myself, both sets have their advantages. I already have the first set finished from 0-100, it's just a matter of finalizing, editing and renaming to complete the set (for example, adding a lightning bolt to the background and renaming the files properly for when the phone is charging). With the second set, it seems to be easier to read, particularly when the level line cuts through the percentage numbers, but I can't say for sure since I only have what you see finished on that set (it's possible the opposite could be true when the theme actually gets applied, since there will be some shrinkage of the photo when it's in its proper location on the phone, and I noticed that the numbers on the second set get harder to read the more I zoom out on my phone).

Amyway, thanks again and in advance for everyone's help and input. Much appreciated :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones