• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] REVOlution for Droid X Froyo 2.2 R2 (9/14/2010)

Fabolous

Superuser
Nov 7, 2009
Illinois
fabdroid.com
This is a port of Manup456's REVOlution for the Motorola Droid X. It is meant to be run on deodexed Froyo Android 2.2.

If you are running Froyo, but not deodexed, consult these threads:

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Droid-X Clockwork Recovery image. Deodexed Rooted, Froyo'd - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - Droid-X Clockwork Recovery image. Deodexed Rooted, Froyo'd - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

The R2 version was made with files from Tranquility 1.5. It should still work on any deodexed 2.2 though.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong in this process - Though with the SBF file now, it is almost impossible to brick a Droid X.

Downloads

REVOlution Theme R2: Fabolous_REVOlution_Froyo_DX_R2.zip

REVOlution Theme: Fabolous_REVOlution_Froyo_DX.zip

REVOlution Font: Evolution_Font.zip

NexTheme Font: NexFonts.zip

Default Fonts: Stock_Fonts_Froyo_DX.zip

Goodies Package (wallpapers, dock icons, etc): REVOlution_Goodies.zip

*Note: the goodies package is NOT to be installed w/ Clockwork recovery. Just unzip it with your computer or ASTRO and the folders have the pictures in them.

Installation

Requirements: Rooted, Deodexed Froyo, Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper

1. Download file(s) and place the .zip files on the root of your sd card
2. Reboot into Clockwork recovery
3. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard
4. Install REVOlution (and customizations if you wish).

Note: If installing custom fonts, install REVOlution first, then apply patches.

5. Enjoy your new theme!

Outdated - The following instructions are only for Android 2.1
Instructions

1. Download 'MetaMorph' from the market. Run it once and grant it root permissions.

2. Download the following file:

Fabolous_DX_REVOlution_V1-1.zip

3. Extract the file. Make a folder on your sdcard called revo. Extract the contents of the 'framework' and 'apps' folder into sdcard/revo. Extract the contents of the 'metamorph' folder into sdcard/AndroidThemes. Extract the contents of the 'goodies' folder onto the root of your sdcard (/sdcard)

4. We will first need to push framework-res.apk and services.jar to the system. Open up your terminal emulator or adb (DO NOT USE ROOT EXPLORER) and type:

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/revo/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
reboot

after this reboot, you should notice a different status bar, but the clock and time will still be black.

open up terminal emulator (or adb) again and this time we'll push services.jar

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/revo/services.jar /system/framework/
reboot

the following reboot will take between 3-5 minutes!

Now the clock and time, etc. will be white.

5. Now, fire up MetaMorph and choose unzip/extract new theme, select REVOlution, and let it do its thing extracting. Once it's done extracting, you can apply all the themes (for the apps), or apply only the ones you want.

6. Using the 'Files' app that comes with the Droid X, you can navigate to sdcard/revo and install the Facebook and Twitter apps if you'd like. You'll need to uninstall the versions you have installed already. These apps provide themed widgets.

7. Enjoy your new theme :)

Screenshots
revolock.png
revodroidx.png

revonotify.png
revowidgets.png

For even more info, check out the original REVOlution thread here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEME] 8/9/2010 Manup456 The EVO Collection 2.2 UPDATED =)

Included

-Themed framework
-Apps themed: calendar, clock, email, gmail, google search, mms, music, settings, market, youtube
-Goodies: LauncherPro icons/docks, Wallpapers
-Installable apps (themed): Facebook, Twitter

*thanks to Benny879 for the themed Facebook & Twitter!

Themed, installable apps

If you already have Facebook or Twitter installed, you'll need to uninstall first to install these files:

Facebook.apk

Twitter.apk

Upvote 0
wow, sorry guys that already downloaded, I just updated it again :)

The Twitter and Facebook apps are now the latest versions.

Also, I forgot to theme YouTube, which is now themed. Enjoy!

What if I have NexthemeV2 and want this one now?
Do I just do the same thing as I did before to install it?

EDIT: I just did it over it and work successfully.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for this theme, I had done the nextheme, but liking this one more, especially facebook and twitter widgets, which I know I didn't have to change the theme to use those but took it as a package deal.
As for applying this theme over nextheme, I just followed the full instructions and it worked nicely for those that are asking about it.

Upvote 0
First of All, thank you so much for both this theme and NexTheme. I have tried them both now.
Would it be possible to post a metamorph theme to restore back to stock? I don't plan on reverting any time soon, just would be convenient.
Also, I don't know if there is one out there, but I would really enjoy a stock android theme, not with the blur icons, but with the normal battery, 3g status, etc.

Even if you are unable to find/compile any of what I suggested, thank you so much for what you have already done!

Upvote 0
What do I do with these Goodies????

How do I use them??

Just use the wallpapers from them and the LP extras

If you are using LP you can long press any icon in your dock like say if you had your camera icon there and then select change icon then navigate to the icons from the goodies folder, I pressed folder then I found the folder. Anyway yeah choose the icon for whatever icon you are changing. And then it looks like Fabs dock.

Upvote 0
Is that sweeter home with the writing for icons or did you make those images to use with launcherPro ?

CAP201008110027%5B1%5D.jpg

CAP2010081100261%5B1%5D.jpg

Need to remake my Disney keyboard since I made mine for froyo I just loaded the superman one to test out the htc keyboard on my DroidX
Going to try this theme now, I had nextheme and TheBowers's themed facebook and twitter

Upvote 0
Is that sweeter home with the writing for icons or did you make those images to use with launcherPro ?

I'm using LauncherPro. The icons are similar to those in the goodies folder, but in my opinion much cooler. I found them while trolling the Evo wallpaper board. Unfortunately, there was only 5 of them: Call, Text, Apps, Web, Mail. I made the Voice one, though it's not quite as good as the others (it's smaller and the spacing isn't quite right).

I've attached the icons, along with the template I used. It's not the template which was used for the original icons because that dude didn't upload one. The font used is Comfortaa.

Attachments

• icons.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
hello all, im a complete noob so i might be overlooking something simple..i got adb set up, i have the items extracted to the locations that fabolous set above, but when i type this line of code

cp /sdcard/revo/framework-res.apk /system/framework/

i get the error

cp: /sdcard/revo/framework-res.apk: No such file or directory

any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones