• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] REVOlution for Droid X Froyo 2.2 R2 (9/14/2010)

hello all, im a complete noob so i might be overlooking something simple..i got adb set up, i have the items extracted to the locations that fabolous set above, but when i type this line of code

cp /sdcard/revo/framework-res.apk /system/framework/

i get the error

cp: /sdcard/revo/framework-res.apk: No such file or directory

any help would be appreciated!

Make sure you are in PC Mode with your PC connection. If your SD card is mounted to your PC this phone will not be able to find it

Upvote 0
Minimal is best.

215879887_photobucket_3042_.jpg

This is gorgeous! :D Where can I find the widgets? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm having a few problems with this theme. First is that the notification bar doesn't go away when I show the (Sense-style) previews on LauncherPro and ADW Launcher. The second is that the message boxes with radio buttons seem to have a degree of transparency -- is this what's supposed to happen? I'll post a screenshot if need be. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm having a few problems with this theme. First is that the notification bar doesn't go away when I show the (Sense-style) previews on LauncherPro and ADW Launcher. The second is that the message boxes with radio buttons seem to have a degree of transparency -- is this what's supposed to happen? I'll post a screenshot if need be. Thanks.

Well I don't think the notification bar is supposed to go away mine doesn't, and yes I think there is suppose to be a certain degree of transparency.

Upvote 0
Well I don't think the notification bar is supposed to go away mine doesn't, and yes I think there is suppose to be a certain degree of transparency.

Ah, so you have both of these issues? (if they are issues)

I'm fairly certain the notification bar goes away when previews are shown on LauncherPro and ADW. The transparency is just a bit of a distraction -- it's just transparent enough to make me think there's something wrong with my screen.

Upvote 0
Ah, so you have both of these issues? (if they are issues)

I'm fairly certain the notification bar goes away when previews are shown on LauncherPro and ADW. The transparency is just a bit of a distraction -- it's just transparent enough to make me think there's something wrong with my screen.

Yeah I don't remember the notification bar ever going away with LP and the previews. And I don't think that that would have anything to do with the theme

Upvote 0
Yeah I don't remember the notification bar ever going away with LP and the previews. And I don't think that that would have anything to do with the theme

Okay, thanks for the help. I'm not sure if these two issues are enough to make me go back to the default -- which hopefully should just be a case of pushing the original framework-res and services.jar back.

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks for the help. I'm not sure if these two issues are enough to make me go back to the default -- which hopefully should just be a case of pushing the original framework-res and services.jar back.

and possibly metamorphing the stock icons back. Did you save those files?(services and framework)
And Fab said he is going to make a way to get back to the "stock" theme

Upvote 0
What do I do with these Goodies????

How do I use them??

What you're doing is right, you just need to change the SHORTCUT and not the ICON. Doing it this way will allow your custom icons to stay instead of reseting whenever you open an app or rotate your phone

**right member, wrong quote. Lol. This is for your question about changing the launcher pro icons and getting them to stay **

Upvote 0
Would I need Launcher Pro in order to have the "clear glass" dock shown in the first screenshots of the REVOlution theme? I am not much of a fan of Launcher Pro, since it won't let me use my Contact Quick Tasks and it seems to want to shrink all of my custom dock icons down to small sizes (relative to the Stock X Phone and Contacts icons).

I was hoping that there would be a way to alter the dock and dock icons without using a Launcher, possibly through the use of these themes.

P.S.- Was the glass-like Power Control widget that you showed in your picture a part of the theme's alterations, or was it a separate download?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones