[Theme] Thearmo Blue Theme v.1 (Updated 4/17/10)

Last Updated:

1. alexthearmo

alexthearmo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's New in v.4.1?
    **Fixed the silent ringer taskbar icon (It was messed up in Thearmo v.4)
    Two Versions: Rosie, or Custom Espresso!!
    System Wide Theme: All framework and many apks have consistent color scheme.
    Customized APKs
    Custom Bootscreen with custom boot sound! :D
    (silent custom bootscreen available in add-ons below)
    Themed Stock HTC Keyboard .........Lots more!
    (This will probably be my final theme. Thanks for all the support!)
    **Add-ons/Customizations at the bottom of this page...scroll down if you want to customize**

HUGE thanks to Gomorrah, who patiently and kindly walked me through this whole process! Another huge thanks to Nebenezer for helping me with all my dumb questions...especially for helping me learn how to work with 9.pngs and eclipse! You're awesome!

This is based on Flipz 2.0d but should work with all Sprint 2.1 based Roms

Flash this first if you want the vanilla lock screen - Vanilla Lockscreen(or if you've already flashed my theme and want the vanilla lock screen, than flash this, then flash my theme again afterward) <----I highly recommend this! Thanks Flipz!!

DOWNLOAD THEME HERE
    Thearmo v.4.1 Rosie: Thearmo v.4.1 Rosie
    Thearmo v.4.1 Espresso: Thearmo v.4.1 Espresso

OpenGL Add-On: OpenGL Add-On <--- This will allow all Live Wallpapers to stick, but will remove your live weather animations. The two themes will work with many LWP's without the OpenGL add on...but not all LWP's. I personally don't use openGL. If you're not sure...just start with the themes. (Thanks to Flipz for the OpenGL add-on).

FIRST BOOT TAKES 5 - 10 MINUTES TO REBUILD SYSTEM FRAMEWORK

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Additional Add-Ons
    Location Icon - Go into Settings>Location> UNCHECK "Use wireless networks" and CHECK Use GPS satellites. This will save you a LOT of battery life and also give you a cooler location icon.

Boot Screens
    Thearmo Custom Boot Screen - Thearmo Custom Bootscreen (already comes with the theme)
    Thearmo Custom Boot Screen Silent - Thearmo Boot Silent

Lock Screens
    Flipz Vanilla Lockscreen (modded black w/ blue) - Vanilla Lock (flash this first, then the theme...or flash this and then flash the theme again if you're already running my theme).
    Clear HTC Lockscreen for Espresso - Clear Lock for Espresso
    Clear HTC Lockscreen for Rosie - Clear Lock for Rosie

Dialers:
    Black Dialer Thearmo Themed - Thearmo Black Dialer

Fonts
    Comfortaa Font - Comfortaa Font
    Original Font (if you don't like font above) - Original Hero Font

For Themers/Devs: Clear Icons for taskbar, just give thanks - Clear Lockscreen Icon Files <---Not Flashable! Just replace the files with these clear ones.

Enjoy!! (and as always: NANDROID FIRST!!! I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone)

Thanks to:
    Gomorrah - for helping me get started theming
    Atoz350 - for the market
    Pseudoremora - for porting this theme (thanks also to the original modder who actually created it...I'm not sure who it is)
    Flipz - for the awesome rom and all the other great tools
    Chubbbz and Avalaunchmods for helping me figure out how to sign zips and work with apks.
    Nebenezer - for helping me learn how to do 9.pngs and work with eclipse, and everything else!!

God bless you!

-alex

If you like my work, BUY MY ALBUM!

Advertisement
    msierra519 and 330D like this.
  2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

looks good but blues not really my color.great job though.

3. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Very nice, trying now.

I like the boot screen...pretty.

4. alexthearmo

....for the location icon, if you go into settings>location> Uncheck "Use Wireless Networks", and Check Use GPS. This will save you a lot of battery life, and also give you a prettier location icon.

5. alexthearmo

New Update! Download in 1st post! :D

6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Blue just so happens to be my fav color.. any chance you can hook me up w/ just the boot screen?

7. alexthearmo

Here you go! A Blue Bootscreen only! Blue_Bootscreen-signed.zip

Let me know if it works for you:

NYCHitman1 likes this.
  8. NYCHitman1

9. NYCHitman1

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

10. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member

this looks sweet!! how do you install it exactly?

11. alexthearmo

Are you rooted? If you're not, then you have to root first. Google "how to root cdma hero" and follow the directions.

Once you've done that and flashed a recovery image....then you can start flashing themes and Roms.

I know it sounds like a lot to learn, but it's really quite easy. Just do a little bit of searching and reading. Check out xda forums under the cdma hero sub-section. They have a ton of stuff.

If you are already rooted, and have a recovery image, then just download the zip file, put it on your SD card and then boot into recovery, and click flash zip file and then select the thearmo theme.

Good luck!

12. msierra519

oh ok thanks..yeah i'm already rooted and have Fresh 2.0d installed..flashing this theme wont remove any settings and or apps i have installed already will it?

**edit

installed it and i love the blue theme...blue is my fav color :D

also, what if i want to remove this and go back to how fresh2.0d looked? how do you remove it?

13. alexthearmo

glad you like it. To remove it, just restore the nandroid that you hopefully made right before you flashed it. Did you make one?

I'm working on another big update for the next release. Should be done in a few days.

14. NYCHitman1

Lol, I just realized that an Android flashes in the boot screen! Bwah ha hahahaha! I love this boot screen.

15. msierra519

i actually forgot to backup before flashing this DOH but its ok..i just installed fresh 2.0d the day before so im not loosing much...whats in store for the next version? whats different?

LOL i noticed the same thing!! i thought it danced but it looks like he skateboards or something :D

edit**
    can you update the link to the lockscreen? when you click it, it says invalid link

16. NYCHitman1

I must admit.. I'm impressed that you got the N1 boot screen to run so flawlessly on our Hero

17. alexthearmo

Here's the lockscreen. Try it out and let me know if it works: vanilla-lock-clock-flipz.zip

As for the bootscreen...that was made by Cyanogen I believe. I just took it from one of his legend roms. It's a little skateboarding android.

The new version will be pretty similar to this one, but it will be way more in depth. What I mean by that is that the color scheme will be all the way across the board. There will be no green or orange menus highlights left...everything that pertains to menus will be blue and blue/green/grey. And some of the apps will be edited to include that same color scheme. Also...I am making a custom Espresso Rosie.

Should be done in a few days.

Oh ya...if you want to have your stock theme back, you can just reflash Flipz 2.0 d over the top of what you have. (but if you removed any of his apps, you'll have to remove them again).

18. msierra519

19. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Just flashed it, Love it! The Bootscreen is bada$$, Thanks Thearmo. The whole thing thus far looks pretty complete, and the lwp is really cool, can't believe how nice it runs, very smooth.. Thanks again and keep up the good work, bro!

:D

20. msierra519

i noticed 1 thing that changed on its own..when i first flashed this theme everything was blue...including the android in the market icon...now it turned green lol...kinda strange but it did happen on its own...doesnt matter though the theme and lockscreen are bad@ss :D

21. alexthearmo

Ya. I noticed the same thing too. It happened when I updated an app. I did some research and found out that google updated their vending.apk. I'm gonna included the new one in the next release...that way it'll stay blue even after updating apps.

:)

22. msierra519

kool keep up the good work!!

your followers are patiently waiting for the new release :D

23. alexthearmo

hehe. I'm finally getting some work done (finals were last week...so now I'm on summer break). I'm doing some painstaking work right now editing the 9.png files...SOOO TEDIOUS!!:eek: I also finished working on a really cool bootscreen. :D Update should be within the coming week.

hang tight. :)

24. msierra519

hey if you need a guinea pig to test out some work ill volunteer :D

now that i have my backup i'm good lol

25. alexthearmo

haha! Ok. It won't be for a few days though. I'll send you a private message (if you can do that on these forums...i'm not sure). But ya...that'd be good to have someone test to make sure there are no bugs. Thanks!