Theme to replace dock icons?General

1. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat Well-Known Member

Is there a theme to replace the LG icons in the dock with something better looking, like stock Android icons? I really prefer the stock Jelly Bean phone, camera, messaging, all apps, and contacts icons. I'm not really a fan of the LG art style.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Nikguy

Nikguy Well-Known Member

Well if you get nova launcher, the default theme is more jellybean like. You can switch it to default and back again too, which leads me to believe that there may be more themes for it too...?
  3. GnatGoSplat

Thanks, I do use Nova Launcher on my other phone, but there are some things I like better about the LG launcher such as ability to have different wallpapers for home, lock, and all apps screens. I also like the sortable all apps screens. I did figure out that touching and holding those icons lets me change them, so I copied some stock Android icons onto the phone and selected those. Works pretty well, although the scaling distorts them.
  4. Nikguy

Nikguy Well-Known Member

Oh thats good to know, I honestly did not spend much time on the default launch, and went straight to nova! I gotta check it out!
  5. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

Try using Cydia Substrate and Winterboard?
  6. Nikguy

Nikguy Well-Known Member

they make that for android now?
  7. GnatGoSplat

LOL, wrong forum?

I don't really like the scaling distortion and inability to change the all apps icon, so I'm going to see if I can reverse engineer an existing theme and figure out how to make my own AOSP theme. I'll probably give up after 10-minutes.
  8. GnatGoSplat

I managed to reverse engineer one of the existing themes and this is the best I could come up with. It would look a lot more like stock Android if I could get rid of the icon labels on the dock, but I can't figure out how. The All Apps view would look better if I could make the tab background transparent, but I can't figure out where that background is coming from. Also, the clock icon never changes even though I replaced it. Looks like none of the themes can replace the clock icon, so that's an LG bug. Anyway, I like that it looks a lot less cartooney and at least I didn't give up like I usually do!

[​IMG][​IMG]
  9. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

There is a cydia substrate and winterboard for android which allows theming on proprietary roms. Its in the play store.
    Nikguy likes this.
  10. GnatGoSplat

So there is! I had no idea. I'll have to see it gives me any more control (like losing the labels from the dock icons).