• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Theme Tutorials?

Nihil

Aug 14, 2010
Are there any theme tutorials? Ever since I rooted and started lookin at everyones UI pics I wanna customize my phone, I'd like to just start from scratch and change little things one at a time, rather than load up someone's already made theme...

I'm wondering if there's any good tutorials or threads to read, also how do I even go about loading up a complete theme anyway?

I'm using the xtrsense4.1 right now

sorry for the n00bness, but I've searched and only found vague ways to change things, but I'm too new to fully understand it all I guess?

I've seen themes that could be loaded via flashing the zip from recovery and there are themes that can be applied via Metamorph. I think I've seen some files that needed to be done via adb, but I've never fooled with those.

Here is a thread for Metamorph. It will give you an idea of what it is and there may be some other useful information in there as well.

Andrizoid has a Metamorph builder for Linux thread you could check out also. I haven't played around with that so I don't have a whole lot of info for you there.

Be sure to check out youtube and do a search on the net. You never know what you will come up with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones