[Theme] Vanilla Android for X by oldblue

Last Updated:

1. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 23, 2010
    This theme hasn't been posted here yet. I _really_ like it, so I thought I'd share it. It's oldblue's Vanilla Android theme for the Droid X. Of course, I didn't make this. In fact, I didn't have anything to do with it, so all credit goes to oldblue.

Below is a copy of, and link to, oldblue's post over at AllDroid.

If you like it, head over to AllDroid and let oldblue know.

oldblue's AllDroid post

Also, there are 2 versions: one with numbers on the battery icon which indicate battery level and one without the numbers.

NOTE: AF won't let me post the files here for some reason, so you'll have to head over to AllDroid to download them. Sorry.

"This is a request fill. Some people like the look of vanilla android, me being one of them. This makes your X look like it is completely stock android, which many of us would if it actually was (thanks a lot Moto).

Extract the zip file.
    Copy the two files to the root of your SDcard. Then use adb shell or terminal emulator:

mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
    cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework
    cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
    mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Your phone will take a little longer to boot the first time.
    Be sure to make a backup of your original framework-res.apk and services.jar files
    Do this at your own risk as it could brick your phone. I take no responsibility if this damages your phone.

Also check out my other themes:
    [THEME] Dark Status Bar w/ (White, Red or Green) clock, date, notifications [UPDATED 8/4]
    [THEME] Modish Grey Mesh v0.2 [UPDATED 8/2]
    [THEME] WHAMM!! X w/ Green clock, date, notifications [UPDATED 8/6]
    [THEME] Ubuntu Ambi-X [UPDATED 8/12]

2. Benclayton

Benclayton Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Has this been updated or confirmed to work on 2.2?