• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] xTheme 0.4 (Droid X) for Froyo 2.2 FRF84B (7/11/10)

The music mod will be in the next version. It will also be optipng'd significantly. And I have a themed ADW launcher I'm testing out right now.

I haven't forgotten about xTheme, lol :D

UPDATE: themed ADW now available in the 2nd post.

..and music mod is alive and well on xTheme

musicmodx.png

Upvote 0
I don't know if you fixed it in the newer versions but the one I have I downloaded yesterday at 12:07AM

When you pull down the notification panel there's a transparent grey background shows up before you pull the whole panel down. If you're on a mostly white screen, such as the google homepage, you can see it clearly.

cap2010062819581.jpg

It stops before the bottom of the screen at a height equal to the notification bar.
I darkened the image some so you could see it better. If fixed ignore this post.

Upvote 0
The music mod will be in the next version. It will also be optipng'd significantly. And I have a themed ADW launcher I'm testing out right now.

musicmodx.png

I just pulled the music.google.apk and installed it on my phone which i have the xtheme and bb v3 already thinking that is the music mod you said is now in there but when I open the music player or widget there is no difference. am i missing something?

Upvote 0

You truly are a cut above, Fab. I wait anxiously for the next version - now, about that xThemed ringer widget... ;-)

Upvote 0
Are the sliding scales (e.g. volume) supposed to be red?

I'm running your old LauncherPro... is it better to use ADW with this?

Yes, they're supposed to be red. Black and red seem to be the colors Motorola chose for the Droid X.

does the music mod still have problems with playlists? o_0

Nope! I wouldn't have included it as the default music player if it did. It has no bugs whatsoever!

Reactions: ballisticn8
Upvote 0
Looks great and working fine over BB .3

Couple of things:

Is pandora not themed? Mine isn't, not sure if thats how it is suppoed to be

Not understanding the music mod...I just downloaded the the updated theme a few minutes ago and the music player/widget is the same. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
also does anyone have the icon pack for this theme? i wanna use some of the icons in better cut for other apps like messaging and cam etc. or where can i find it?

You can extract all the images you want from the update.zip file.

They're usually in res/drawable-hdpi for the .apk that you're trying to get the icon of.

Also, v0.2 is up now -- optimized and w/ music mod

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones